Need 200 gram boot recommendations

cgr1971

FNG
I'm searching for a quality 200 gram boot that is 9" or under, has real good ankle support, and has a pretty stiff sole.

I currently wear Lowa Tibets and like the sole stiffness, but not the ankle support. I previously wore out two pair of Meindl Alaskan Hikers/Himalaya MFS Hikers and liked the stiff sole and ankle support of them.

I suffer from turf toe a bit and the stiffer soles with less flex helps protect my big toe joint.

I've seen the Cristi Nevada's online but am not sure about the sole stiffness. I'm traveling tomorrow and am going to try and stop and look at a pair.

What else is there?

golfbum

WKR
You could look into the Crispi Briksdal or the Lowa hunter evo

Both would be stiffer then the Nevada

I’d look at schnees. They are more a mountaineering boot than most companies so they are stiffer and have higher tops. Beartooth and Granite might be a good option to check out.

OP
C

cgr1971

FNG
I have a Beartooth 200g in my basement now. I'm not thrilled with the 10" height. It's also very narrow and the heal cup seems a little shallow. I might send it back and have them send me a wide to see how it fits. I'd love to try a Granite, but I think it's an inch taller than the Beartooth which is really a too tall for me.

I don't think the Beartooths are overly stiff, I have a pair of the Granite and Divide mids being shipped, but they are both uninsulated. I think I will like the flex 3 boot.

LukiLanda

FNG
I'm searching for a quality 200 gram boot that is 9" or under, has real good ankle support, and has a pretty stiff sole.

I currently wear Lowa Tibets and like the sole stiffness, but not the ankle support. I previously wore out two pair of Meindl Alaskan Hikers/Himalaya MFS Hikers and liked the stiff sole and ankle support of them.

I suffer from turf toe a bit and the stiffer soles with less flex helps protect my big toe joint.

I've seen the Cristi Nevada's online but am not sure about the sole stiffness. I'm traveling tomorrow and am going to try and stop and look at a pair.

What else is there?
I just purchased a pair of Crispi Briksdal SF [Stiff Flex] GTX Insulated Hunting Boots. They are really stiff. I've only use them once of a chukar hunt in Northern Nevada..I'm going to sell them now.

What else is there?
Schnees are great boots and they have excellent customer service.

This is an older thread, but Crispi WildRock are AWESOME !! They are 400 g though. I don't think you would notice the weight difference from them and a 200 g insulated boot.