Need a Hoyt Yoke Splitter

Archerichards

Lil-Rokslider
So my RX3 Ultra Yoke Splitter disintegrated yesterday, sending my arrow flying off into the sky and my yoke cable frayed and bow unsafe to shoot. Hoyt will not send me a new one...says I must go through my dealer which, based on past experience, will take hours of travel, hours off from work, and weeks of delay. How can I order a replacement online or by phone?

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
Had the same issue, punched myself in the mouth and sent an arrow into oblivion. I had to just call around to local shops and eventually found one. Almost ruined the bow for me because now that possibility is always in the back of my head. Maybe one of the shops/dealers would mail you one?

MattB

WKR
Call your nearest Hoyt dealer and have them order them and then mail them to you. Not that hard.

OP
Archerichards

Archerichards

Lil-Rokslider
Call your nearest Hoyt dealer and have them order them and then mail them to you. Not that hard.
Thanks for your input. But I have been through this before on something else, and my dealer won't do it..He'll make me come into the shop and show him my busted bow. Again, a lot of time and money to deal with an 8$ issue.

Marble

WKR
Is the string okay? Or does it need replacing anyways?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Castronova

Lil-Rokslider
This same thing happened to me a couple days ago. I had no clue what happened until I put my bow down. Jumped the bow on the draw, have no clue how I shot the arrow. Arrow went flying way over the target, string cut my arm.

I looked at my bow and the cable was frayed about 50% through. Luckily I kept my old set of strings. Local shop fixed it for me by putting the cable through an extra peep he had. Had to turn the yokes a bunch of turns to make up the length difference.

Kevin T

FNG
This same thing happened to me a couple days ago. I had no clue what happened until I put my bow down. Jumped the bow on the draw, have no clue how I shot the arrow. Arrow went flying way over the target, string cut my arm.

I looked at my bow and the cable was frayed about 50% through. Luckily I kept my old set of strings. Local shop fixed it for me by putting the cable through an extra peep he had. Had to turn the yokes a bunch of turns to make up the length difference.
Are the cables rubbing the cam now? Seems like the width of a peep wouldn’t be enough spacing if that makes sense…I’ve been trying to figure out how to permanently fix this problem also.

Castronova

Lil-Rokslider
Didn’t seem like it but I only shot it a few times then bought a like new V3 from a rokslider for my hunting trips. I’m not dealing with this until I get back. 7F45F2B1-5046-4D2C-80CB-BD64495DC9DF.jpeg

OR Archer

WKR
Yeah that’s a bad idea. Have them order the part. It’s a warranty item if you’re the original owner. I’d also order a new yoke also so it’s the correct length.

Castronova

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah that’s a bad idea. Have them order the part. It’s a warranty item if you’re the original owner. I’d also order a new yoke also so it’s the correct length.
I have a shop looking for the part and it needs new strings for sure. That is the stock cable but either way, you’re right, not shooting it again.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor

Is this something you have seen a bunch or is it more isolated?

OR Archer

WKR
I’ve only seen a handful of them. Majority of which were on 80# bows. So not real common but does happen from time to time.

Kevin T

FNG
I’ve only seen a handful of them. Majority of which were on 80# bows. So not real common but does happen from time to time.
Happened to me 3 times already…but as you say my bow is 80 lbs. I just got another plastic splitter from local bow shop and I’m gonna turn my bow down to 70lbs

Castronova

Lil-Rokslider
Can anyone help me get this part? I’ve now contacted 4 Hoyt dealers, 2 of them multiple times. No call backs, no help. Called Hoyt and told them and they won’t help me either.

OR Archer

WKR
Can anyone help me get this part? I’ve now contacted 4 Hoyt dealers, 2 of them multiple times. No call backs, no help. Called Hoyt and told them and they won’t help me either.
Call 541 746 9711. See if they have one. Most likely they will.