Need a mule deer cape for a big, old mature deer

Hey Everyone. Something went wrong with a buddies cape at the taxidermist. He has a 30" buck that we are trying to find a new cape for. It was a big bodied, Kansas deer shot during mid-November. Anyone have an idea who he should call? Kansas deer are generally around 20" ear tip to ear tip. Thanks!

mike.adams.467

Lil-Rokslider
Hey Everyone. Something went wrong with a buddies cape at the taxidermist. He has a 30" buck that we are trying to find a new cape for. It was a big bodied, Kansas deer shot during mid-November. Anyone have an idea who he should call? Kansas deer are generally around 20" ear tip to ear tip. Thanks!

Try Taxidermy.Net. I found capes for a mountain goat and caribou there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most tanneries should have extras that were left, not paid for, etc. I find it hard to believe that a competent and experienced taxidermist wouldn't be able to find a cape. Which may explain the "something went wrong" issue. I just had my taxi find me one...took a month or so but I had my pick of 6.

OP
RM_Bowhunter
Most tanneries should have extras that were left, not paid for, etc. I find it hard to believe that a competent and experienced taxidermist wouldn't be able to find a cape. Which may explain the "something went wrong" issue. I just had my taxi find me one...took a month or so but I had my pick of 6.
The guy is 76 years old. He does a kick ass job and been doing taxidermy forever, but doesn't want to do the legwork with finding a new cape. He's also 5 minutes from my buddy's house and has done several big mule deer for him.