Need a new air mattress

tems908

FNG
Can you guys please recommend what air mattresses you like, any to stay away from? I will mostly be using it for backpacking trips. Thanks.

I run the Xtherm year round. Best I’ve found for weight and warmth. I’ve also found I like horizontal baffles much better than long vertical baffles. Froze my butt off with the Big Agnes Insulated Air Core.

I will also recommend staying away from Big Agnes Air pads. Every single one I have had began losing air within the first two weeks. I now have a Sea to Summit Ultralight Insulated that came highly recommended by other backpackers I know.

ODB

WKR
Exped. I use a winterlite MW. Here’s a tip...most people overinflated them like they are a pool toy. I am a big dude who sleeps on his side. I inflate the pad over half way and then lay on it. I keep adding teeny bits of air JUST UNTIL I can no longer feel the ground while laying on my side. This keeps the pad from being bouncy and also prevents overstressing the seams. Good pads.

OP
T

tems908

FNG
I ended up picking a klymit Static V. Thanks for all of the input.

Z Barebow

Lil-Rokslider
Refresh.

I signed up for Klymit e-mail and several days latter I received a 30% off discount coupon for all insulated pads. Pulled the trigger on a Insulated Static V Lite. Free shipping also.

Franger

FNG
Refresh.

I signed up for Klymit e-mail and several days latter I received a 30% off discount coupon for all insulated pads. Pulled the trigger on a Insulated Static V Lite. Free shipping also.
I have the exact same pad. I paired it with a BA Anvil Horn 0 bag and a thermolite liner. It was a solid combo down to 15-20. But a couple weeks ago it was 5 degrees with snow under the tent and it was inadequate. I was cold from underneath. Klymit hasn’t updated their R-value ratings under the new rating system. I think the pad is economical, comfortable, and moderately good for winter camping. Just some feedback, take it FWIW.