Need a new rest and quiver

I picked up a carbon element the other day and need a rest and quiver. What does everybody suggest? Been thinking of trying a limb driven rest.

Thanks, Branden

Craig4791

WKR
I really like my QAD HDX and my TightSpot quiver. I have used these two items on my last two bows and they have never failed me and do everything they should. The QAD is super fast so there is no contact even with the fastest of bows and the full containment is an awesome feature while stalking with an arrow knocked. The TightSpot is nice because it keeps your quiver real "Tight" to the bow to help with balance.

whichever rest you go with....IT NEEDS TO BE LIMB DRIVEN!!!!! I PREFER THE HAMSKEA myself as well b/c of its many options! The RKT cams just plain work better w/ limb driven rests.

Quivers:

you can't go wrong with a Tight Spot OR the Hoyt (I like the 2pc version). Be careful running Injexions w/ Tight Spot...arrows 1 & 5 arent getting enough grip right now. Still doing some playing.

The design of the RKT cams is such that for whatever reason they simply preform better and tune easier with limb driven rests. Cable driven rests play with the timing on the cams just so that its more difficult to tune and takes a little more tweaking and playing where 9 times out 10 you can eye ball center shot with a limb driven and have it tuned on the first, second or third shot.

Limb driven rests are also more field friendly when it comes to any repairs that may be needed while hunting. There is no timing w/ a limb driven rest just tighten things up.

The design of the RKT cams is such that for whatever reason they simply preform better and tune easier with limb driven rests. Cable driven rests play with the timing on the cams just so that its more difficult to tune and takes a little more tweaking and playing where 9 times out 10 you can eye ball center shot with a limb driven and have it tuned on the first, second or third shot.

Limb driven rests are also more field friendly when it comes to any repairs that may be needed while hunting. There is no timing w/ a limb driven rest just tighten things up.

This is really helpful info, Evan. Thanks. For some reason, I have never heard this before, but it makes me want to get a limb driven rest for my new Spyder 30. Maybe a Trophy Taker Smackdown Pro...or Ripcord SAS? I like full containment rests. Thoughts?

J-Daddy

WKR
This is really helpful info, Evan. Thanks. For some reason, I have never heard this before, but it makes me want to get a limb driven rest for my new Spyder 30. Maybe a Trophy Taker Smackdown Pro...or Ripcord SAS? I like full containment rests. Thoughts?
The Smackdown is a great rest, really well built and they work great...I've sold & setup a lot of them since they came out a few years ago and never had any issues with them and I shoot one of them on my Vector Turbo...I haven't seen the new Ripcord SAS yet so I can't comment on it. The LimbDriver Pro-V is a decent option, I like the Smackdown better though cause it's stronger and seems to hold up better. The Hamskea Versa Rest is the cream of the crop, but they don't offer a lot of containment.
I'll agree with Evan on limbdriven rests working better, I think they just perform better on all bows because they don't put any tension on your cables, they stay up longer during the shot so they support the arrow longer "makes them more accurate" and they are a lot easier to install & setup on a bow. I won't mess with cable activated rests on my bows anymore, limbdriven models just flat out work better.

weaver

WKR
I am running a hoyt 2 piece quiver and a TT smackdown pro on my Element.

The Smackdown is a great rest, really well built and they work great...I've sold & setup a lot of them since they came out a few years ago and never had any issues with them and I shoot one of them on my Vector Turbo...I haven't seen the new Ripcord SAS yet so I can't comment on it. The LimbDriver Pro-V is a decent option, I like the Smackdown better though cause it's stronger and seems to hold up better. The Hamskea Versa Rest is the cream of the crop, but they don't offer a lot of containment.
I'll agree with Evan on limbdriven rests working better, I think they just perform better on all bows because they don't put any tension on your cables, they stay up longer during the shot so they support the arrow longer "makes them more accurate" and they are a lot easier to install & setup on a bow. I won't mess with cable activated rests on my bows anymore, limbdriven models just flat out work better.

Very helpful. I like the look of the Smackdown Pro

dcestnik

Lil-Rokslider
Picked up a Strother branded TightSpot quiver and it's quite nice, very light and quiet. The only removable quiver I've used so far that doesn't buzz or wiggle. Havent had problems with injexions either.

Also liking the LimbDriver ProV for ease of set up but my old QAD was more convenient, especially on let down.

OP
dirtytough
Ordered a versa rest. Not sold on any quiver yet. I see that basspro has the tightspot on sale for 80$