Need a new stock for my Savage .270 wsm

MikelkD

FNG
Any body out there have any advice on where to get a good stock for this gun. That synthetic thing that came on it is a piece. Also, any one shoot a .270 short mag regularly?

ST52v

WKR
My brother does! Savage model 116 weather warrior. We have been playing around with reloads. He is going to bed it to see if he can take the play out of the front end and make it more consistent.

ST52v

WKR
If that doesn't work he will probably order a b& c medalist from red hawk rifles.

Hardstalk

WKR
Just sold the exact rifle. Savage 270 wsm to fund a lightweight .264 build. For the 264 we went with the b&c great feel to it and came in pretty light. Its a nice balance financially in its market.

My brother does! Savage model 116 weather warrior. We have been playing around with reloads. He is going to bed it to see if he can take the play out of the front end and make it more consistent.

That's the one thing that Savage needs to a dress. You can epoxy in some pieces of carbon arrow shaft to stiffen the for end, but it adds weight. Other than that a Savage is tough to beat.

I don't have a 270wsm, but I hear the 140 Accubond in front of some 4831 is a pretty good bet.