Need a set and forget for .375HH

SDHNTR

WKR
My go to was going to be a Leupold VX3 2.5- 8x36, but it’s been discontinued. I want a SFP, basic 3-9 ish scope, with no frills. Standard plex reticle. Just needs to reliably hold zero and be durable. $500 ish range.

Anyone torture tested a Meopta Meopro?

DropTyne

Lil-Rokslider
Up your price a little and catch a Tract Toric 2-10×42 on sale or catch one in the classifieds. Will do what you are looking for, plus provide 4" of eye relief. That should come handy with the 375. Also, mechanically superior and better glass than the VX3 line in my opinion.

Good luck

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
Up your price a little and catch a Tract Toric 2-10×42 on sale or catch one in the classifieds. Will do what you are looking for, plus provide 4" of eye relief. That should come handy with the 375. Also, mechanically superior and better glass than the VX3 line in my opinion.

Good luck
I have one of those on another rifle. Fine optics, just is it tried and true enough to do .375 duty?

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
I’d just keep looking for the 2.5-8 or a 1.5-5, those are all I use on my 375s.
Problem is I’m asking it for a Christmas present. Kinda hard to expect someone in my family to chase down a used one.

DropTyne

Lil-Rokslider
I have only used one on a lightweight 30-06 for a couple of seasons. It held up fine. It maintained zero and tracked repeatedly and reliably.

With a $500 price limit, I can't think of anything else with in a SFP that I would use.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Problem is I’m asking it for a Christmas present. Kinda hard to expect someone in my family to chase down a used one.

Burris might make something that would work. Or just get the vx3 HD and don’t dial it.
My go to was going to be a Leupold VX3 2.5- 8x36, but it’s been discontinued. I want a SFP, basic 3-9 ish scope, with no frills. Standard plex reticle. Just needs to reliably hold zero and be durable. $500 ish range.

I missed the part where you asked about the meopro, I’ve had 2 of them for about 5 years now. They are great scopes if you can find a 3-9 model

They are still selling them in Canada unless you mean you don’t want the CDS. If that’s the case couldn’t you just zero it and not use dial? Has a locking turret.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Seems to be out of stock everywhere but I’d go for this one for that rifle.

bmanb940

Lil-Rokslider
I put the Meopta MeoStar R1 1.5-6x42 RD on my .357 H&H 3 years ago and haven't looked back. The Brown Precision rifle no longer sits in the back of the safe but instead has become a hog hunting favorite. Mine has seen over 40 rounds under it and zero issues.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
There's a few

GPO Passion 3X 3-9x42 - Plex

Meopta Optika5 2-10x42 - Z-Plus #1032569

Burris Signature HD 3-15x44mm - Plex

Hawke Vantage 30 WA 2.5-10x50 - L4A Dot Illuminated

Athlon Optics Argos HMR 2-12x42 - BDC 600 SFP MOA

As a long standing supporting vendor on this forum it would be our pleasure to discuss different options and special opportunities with you. Please give us a call, 516-217-1000, if you have a few minutes

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
Thanks Doug. I had a GPO on another rifle and did not care for it. The eye relief and box went to crap at higher magnification.

Will the Optika5 line stand up to heavy recoil? Are you aware of any published tests or reviews illustrating it's tolerance for abuse?

Thanks, but not interested in the others.

pc3

WKR
Leupold 2-7 or 3-9 would work fine and they can be had cheap. 2" high @ 100 yards zero at 200 aprox

I had one on a cz .375 H&H I shouldn't have sold years ago worked well.

Wapiti1

WKR
None of the above. Trijicon 3-9 Accupoint. It's a little more expensive, but I've beat on 2 of them pretty hard on several big bore rifles including a .416 Remington until my wife stole one for her rifle. They have been very reliable.

I'd look at their Huron line if you want to save a little money. Same OEM without the illuminated reticle.

Jeremy

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
None of the above. Trijicon 3-9 Accupoint. It's a little more expensive, but I've beat on 2 of them pretty hard on several big bore rifles including a .416 Remington until my wife stole one for her rifle. They have been very reliable.

I'd look at their Huron line if you want to save a little money. Same OEM without the illuminated reticle.

Jeremy
Interesting. Thanks for the suggestion.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR

Jeremy
Have you any personal experience with the Huron and it’s reliability? How do you know they are the same internals as the Accupoint? Is that corroborated anywhere? Seems hard to believe as the price points are so different.