Need a sturdier tripod for standing

What do recommend for tripods that have extension into and above the 6' tall region?

Needs to be a VERY stable system at full extension with max-support above 10lbs. Weight is less of concern (within reason), as this will be for shorter loops from the vehicle. I may use these for star gazing with not big but rather gynormous eyes (e.g. 20x80 or more) as well.

Thank you for any tips.

Craig4791

WKR
I'm using the Swaro travel CT tripod with their DH101 head it extends into the 6ft range weighs a little over 4 lbs and can handle over 10 lbs. I use it for everything.

OP
Racethesunset
THanks, how tall are you? I thought that the Swaro carbon only went to 5'10", a bit more with the head?

Craig4791

WKR
I'm 6'3"

Yeah the center column gives you another foot or so. I can measure it when I get home but I have no problem standing up and glassing with my binos.

Craig4791

WKR
Measured it and it comes in at 69.5" to the head mounting plate fully extended with the center column fully extended as well.

OP
Racethesunset
Thanks, appreciate the feedback. I will try it used if I can find one, its almost a grand after taxes new.

Craig4791

WKR
No problem.

Yeah no doubt they are pretty pricey. I'm sure there are some good ones out there for a better price. I just went with it because it was lightweight for a tripod that you can stand and glass with.

I think I got the head and tripod for $750 off of Cabelas.

Tilzbow

WKR
Check out Sirui tripods. I'm 6'6" and they've got a 4 section carbon tripod that folds up to fit all the way in my Kifaru T3 pocket yet still allows me to look through my 15's while standing. The legs actually fold up and over the head to make it short or fold in like a standard tripod if you prefer. Workmanship is great and it seems real durable although I've only had it for 8 months.

OP
Racethesunset
Had some luck, turns out the gentleman that bought my previous Outdoorsmans tall tripod doesn't want it, so I'm buying it back. I will add their centerpost extension and try again. Before the centerpost extension, you would have to squeeze the legs together which worked against stability.

The Swarovski tripod is pretty sweet, and I like the Sirui as well based on specs alone...

Thanks for your feedback.