Need Advice on Frame for Summit Goliath Treestand

Beararms

Lil-Rokslider
I need a more comfortable and better fitting system than the one I am currently using. I am currently using a Molle shoulder strap and waist belt on my Summit Goliath climber carrying it cables down. The Molle waist belt is too small for me and it looks like I need a larger waist system until I get drop some weight. I am 5'10", 200lbs, with a 41" waist measured with a tape. I wear size 38 in blue jeans.

I plan on keeping the frame attached to the stand until the end of January, then start using the frame for training and hiking with a pack. I will be doing a Western Elk hunt in 2020 so I need to start training and getting ready yesterday.

I have been doing a bit of research and think I will start with a Kifaru, I want to be able to put a pocket on each side to carry my pull ropes and wallet/keys.There are three frames offered and I am like most here and automatically fancy the new Duplex lite. But, I see that on the Duplex frame, it does not have the tabs/connection points (?) sewed into the back rails like the Tactical (3)/Hunter(2) does. So, would I be better with the tactical with those connection points for what I am planning on doing? I could always buy a Duplex when ready to elk hunt and just use it for that.

Has anyone gone this route on here have any pics of there setup that is not already posted here or in the whitetail section? What would you guys recommend if doing the same?

WJS23

WKR
I run my EMR2 and just put the stand between the batwings then the pack gets strapped to the tree

NCSU_Lewis

Lil-Rokslider
I run an EXO K2 frame with a XOP Vanish. I could go without the bag, strapping the stand and sticks (or a climber) with frame load straps and be off and running. You could strap any ol bag to the stand, or use the 2000 or 3500 exo bag for gear.

OP
B

Beararms

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks. I ordered a Duplex tactical frame and going to try and connect it to the bottom section with some webbing once it arrives.

Thanks. I ordered a Duplex tactical frame and going to try and connect it to the bottom section with some webbing once it arrives.

I think you will really appreciate how well it carries!! I tried a Molle setup for a while and there is no comparison.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Nice I have the Golliath incoming for my Birthday present from the wife. Subscribed so I can learn more about what you guys are doing to pack it in. Love the Duplex Frame idea. Guessing I could do the same with my SG Xcurve Frame. Thank you for sharing this.

OP
B

Beararms

Lil-Rokslider
I will post pics once I get it. I will continue to use my Horn Hunter G3 for walking to the ladder stands and not using a climber.

OP
B

Beararms

Lil-Rokslider
20180927_121111_zpsarhf46by.jpg

20180927_121047_zps35mmmwty.jpg

Kifaru Tactical frame is attached using zip ties and velcro one wrap. I will put a piece of mat down on top of platform so mud and debris stay off the frame as much as possible.