Need an Upland Vest - Help Please

The have been a lot of new choices over the last few years. Final rise, hunt redi, pyke, chief upland, orvis pro, marsupial gear, badlands, tenzing... all have vests that get the weight on your hips.

I did my research and wanted a final rise, but then I had a chance to get a badlands at half price so I went that direction. I've seen the badlands at 40% off a few times since then. If you're okay using a bladder instead of bottle, it's been a pretty great vest over the last year, and at sale price is well worth it.
I wanted a badlands but could never find it in stock anywhere. I ended up buying a LL Bean which is really similar. Used it quail hunting a few weeks back and will be using it for pheasant a couple days this week.

Wassid82

WKR
I've been running the badlands pack for the last several years. I liked it well enough but it was starting to wear out and I have another bird hunter in the family now so I did my research and decided to go with the final rise pack. I've liked it so far. And order to shipment was way faster than I expected.

Got out last weekend with my final rise for its maiden voyage. Ended up with three roosters in it and there was still plenty of room for more. Weight transfer to my hips was good, I still need to mess with adjustments a little bit though.

I think I’m going to like it, hope to get out a few more times before the end of the year.

I have the orvis pro lite and like it very well. Big upgrade from an old carhartt zip up vest I’d had for a couple decades.

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have 2 seasons on my final rise. Close to 50 days in the field. It’s awesome. Can’t recommend it enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chad.vis

FNG
I have two vests I like equally well. Gamehide vest I bought for 44.95 and a chief upland I paid over $300 for with the accessories. I know its cool to look good out there but sometimes I think we are overthinking all this stuff. Both vests do what they were designed for very well.

Rockrods

FNG
Tenzing is more like a pack. Hot in warm weather. I bought a final rise this year and seems like a very well made vest that's well thought out. Matt is a great guy to deal with. Wing works are good but hard to get as you know. I'd give Matt a call t final rise

I just picked up the marsupial gear belt with the yoke. Customizable for each hunt and/or style. So far I have zero complaints.

Superdoo

WKR
The Q5 Centerfire has served me well for the past 6 years. Made in the USA.

Get one Quillomene shell pocket with it and you'll bee happy!!!

Rockrods

FNG
Made two trips to OK in the last couple weeks. Got a lot more miles on the final rise bag. Liking it more every time I use it.

TristanJH

Lil-Rokslider
Final rise all day every day.
0cdc4e4aca5589c8ac8d93e5d84ce57f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mule brand clothes. not sure if the fabric they use is made in America but they damn sure sew it here in America. I called them about a vest I ordered and they got my info and and I could hear their sewing machines in the background noise. Super durable. I have one of their hunting vest i use for hunting squirrel is made . The game pouch on the back is water proof so it won't leak blood all over, plenty of pockets and it has a chest pocket for your garmin(if you use one for your dogs)

mh1

FNG
I've been looking for a new vest too...my current browning lightweight vest always rides up when I have a couple birds in it. I'll have to look at final rise.

roosterdown

Lil-Rokslider
Final Rise. As a minimalist, I went with the sidekick; almost all weight is on the hips. 3 roosters are no problem.

jaytaylor

Lil-Rokslider
Like you, I was looking for a new upland vest. My old one had shell pockets that were on top of my legs and I got tired of hiking through the mountains with those pockets banging on my legs. I ended getting a Final Rise, and just used it last weekend for 3 straight days. It's their best one, can't remember the name right now, but about $300. The two water bottle pockets are awesome, first vest I've had that I can always get the bottles in and out. The bottles are for the dog(s). I put my bladder in the cargo pocket. Cargo pocket is huge and stays open, it is also the easiest vest I've ever had for loading birds - they drop right in while you're in a hurry sending the dog after the next bird, or reloading, or whatever. Straps don't get in the way of the gun mounting. My collar controller clips right onto one of the existing shoulder strap bands. The small of the back pad seems to be perfectly located for me, I hunted for miles and could hardly notice it was there. All in all I couldn't be happier with it. Love supporting small business owners like the guy that owns that company - he's here in the USA and making a great product.

I have a Wing Works vest that I was lucky enough to buy right before they started to slow down. After seeing and trying on my buddies Final Rise, I wouldn't hesitate to go that route. Its a very well thought out bag and seems just as tough. Honestly, it feels a bit lighter as well.