Need assistance with a rifle and scope for HOG hunting

Opah

WKR
Looking for a Browning Mark !!! 308 BAR with DBM 18" Barrel for a decent Price, Figured it would be my reward for my 1 year not smoking quit. Also I am looking for a good red dot, quick acquisition and accurate any help ? HOG hunting rifle .

Big Bend of Florida 12 miles to the Boat Ramp
AR with a Leupold 1x4 x 4 Mark AR scope.
I hunt lot's of hogs in the swamp edges most of them moving right along. Sometimes running , sometimes feeding but always moving along. Only place I get a standing still shot is at a Feeder but I prefer Spot and Stalk.
You need a Rifle that swings fast and easy and a wide FOV Scope. It's Close quarters work and I like to shoot several if I can at one time.

OP
O

Opah

WKR
Trijicon ACOG $2025.00 I did look at them, Is that what you are running ?
I could but I read the Sig sauer has fantastic glass also .
1631849742456.png

Last edited:
OP
O

Opah

WKR
"You need a Rifle that swings fast and easy and a wide FOV Scope. It's Close quarters work I like to shoot several if I can at one time."
That is the Reason I am Moving from a Browning Bolt to a BAR 308

OP
O

Opah

WKR
So lets say Trijicon is the way to go, but a ACOG is out of the question. what would we look at ?
OK looks like the best cost is $600.00 over my budget, What is the next to Trijicon

Last edited:
OP
O

Opah

WKR
Already purchased the rifle got a
Browning Mark 111 BAR in 308
with the DBM and 18" barrel Black on black
Composite. Gas operated
I could just use My hog scope from my 30/06 and save for the ACOG or
at least a great Red Dot reflex

Last edited:
OP
O

Opah

WKR
what is my budget ? at the moment about $400.00
I had scratched together $2000.00 for the rifle and scope / sight.
really thinking about getting away from a scope and going with a
Great Red Dot Reflex.

robtattoo

WKR
Both of my dedicated, hard use pork pokers are wearing Primary Arms 1-4x24, 30mm tube scopes. True zero mag is actually at around 1.5x on these. Their tougher than woodpecker lips, take an absolute pounding & are well south of $200
I've yet to have a problem with either & one of them, at least, has spent several days submerged, fallen off an ATV & spent countless hours rattling around on the floor of my truck. Literally zero issues.

OP
O

Opah

WKR
1632194374022.png

PRODUCT DETAILS​

Product Brand Logo

The Trijicon® RMR® (Ruggedized Rifle Relex) Type 2 Red Dot Sight allows you to shoot with your head up and both eyes open to maximize situational awareness by eliminating blind spots. Infinite eye relief and a 3.25 MOA red dot reticle provide rapid target acquisition, as well as accurate shot placement. This red dot sight features a sensor, which automatically adjusts the brightness of the illuminated red dot based on ambient lighting conditions. Windage and elevation adjust in 1-MOA clicks

I have 2 RMR's. They have their place and are exceptionally rugged. But I would not put one on a rifle unless as a secondary sight. But reality is that I just would not go with ba RMR

Dominic06

FNG
I know a guy that hunts with a AR-15 in 50 Beowulf, with a trijicon mro. It is absolutely devastating on wild hogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: