Need assistance with a rifle and scope for HOG hunting

OP
O

Opah

WKR
I have 2 RMR's. They have their place and are exceptionally rugged. But I would not put one on a rifle unless as a secondary sight. But reality is that I just would not go with ba RMR
Why ? Rugged is good, quick target accusation is good, accurate small and lite are good.
Type 2 Red Dot Sight allows you to shoot with your head up and both eyes open to maximize situational awareness by eliminating blind spots

FLS

WKR
I’ve used RMRs on handguns for hunt. IMO a low power variable is a better optic for hunting on a rifle. At 1 x you have all the advantages of a red dot, with better glass and the option of more magnification if you need it. In certain light I’ve had the dot on an RMR wash out the image in low light. I have an SRO on a Glock that I compete with. If I was going to use one, that would be it. It’s superior in every way except durability, to the the standard RMR. My favorite hog rifle in a Marlin 44 lever gun with a fixed 2.5 Leupold with the heavy duplex. I’ve double and tripled several times on pigs with that little rifle.

Vern400

WKR
308 is the Goldilocks cartridge. Not too small, not too big. You may have to take less than ideal shots so use a 165 partition and don't overthink it. You can shoot a 300 pound hog in the shoulder and it'll be a noise show. But you'll get a second for a follow-up. He'll go down and die but might Try to eat you first.

If I was all about killin' them, I'd probably try a low cost night vision scope because at night you can get pretty close from downwind. If it worked great (and they do) you could get a better one when you need to. But if you want to mercilessly kill tons of pork you gotta be able to shoot in the dark. They go nocturnal fast with pressure.

Wild hogs need killin'. And a lot of it. And if you really aim to maximize quantity mow them with buckshot under a feeder. They are not game animals. They're destructive pests of the basest sort.

MikeDeltaFoxtrot

Lil-Rokslider
If you want an unmagnified red dot, it is hard to beat the AimPoint PRO. 2 MOA dot, and it comes with a nice mount. It comes AR height, but you can take out the riser to drop it down for your Browning.

The best choice would be some kind of LPVO (low power variable optic) for the best of both worlds, but those may be outside your budget. For moving hogs, I'd get the AimPoint. You can always move it to another gun (like an AR) later if you decide to get an LPVO or ACOG.

Spoonbill

WKR
I thought you ran your Scope at 0 magnification ?
I think I will use the Hog scope Off of my Boss fo the now.
Trijicon accupoint would be a good choice. I know the 3x9’s are in your budget, not sure about the other models