Need better knee-highs

I own two pairs of hunting boots - Hanwag Sirius II GTXs and LaCrosse Granges. The Hanwags are great, they're just too short for lots of mud, snow, briars, etc. Conversely, while the LaCrosses are great at keeping nature out, they cause my right foot to be quite sore and both feet to sweat, regardless of the socks I wear. I wouldn't mind the sweating if the Granges didn't hurt, but they do.

I hunt in New England, so I need something knee-high to replace the Granges with that offers better support and comfort. I see three different options: another kind of knee-high rubber boots; knee-high leather boots; or snake boots.

Happy feet are a must, so I'm not worried about a price range. I am worried about buying a pair of boots and come to find out I don't like them, however. I wear Darn Tough wool socks, usually, so I don't need insulated boots.

I'm thinking either:

*Le Chameau leather-lined rubber boots;
*Dubarry Wexford leather boots; or
*Chippewa snake boots.

Thoughts?

EdP

WKR
Exactly what Sneaky said - boots and gaiters. Buy a pair of boots high enough to keep your feet dry crossing the deepest water you want to be able to step in. Deal with the rest of natures effects below the knee with a good set of Goretex gaiters. Crispi, Zamberlan, and others make quality hunting boots that are higher than hiking boots without being so high they are uncomfortable.

A note about buying boots on-line. The sellers now expect a lot of returns so don't hesitate to return a pair you don't like, just don't wear them outside. When I bought a pair of Zamberlans they shipped free but it cost me $34 to return them to Nevada. When I bought from Crispi they charged me $12 shipping but sent a return shipping label (for Utah). If I had to return them I would have come out better in the end. Both are high quality Italian made boots.

Lacrosse Aerohead i think in the 3.5mm variety. I can walk in them all day with a good insole. Like walking around in pillows almost. The Grange are the bottom of the barrel and gave me foot problems for several years as that is what my company provided until I started paying for comfort.