Need Blackhorn 209!

Bobbyboe

WKR
Has anyone seen Blackhorn 209 lately? I have a fall muzzy hunt and am worried about availablilty. Are there any online retailers or WI stores with it in stock?

thanks!

ENCORE

WKR
You have to check everywhere on line, every day and very early. Its being found. Powder Valley had the 10oz bottles in stock May 10th for almost a complete day. LIMIT 2.

Its starting to show up at some Cabela's, mostly in the south though. Some small mom & pop sports shops get it in every once in awhile.

If you want or need it, you have to check non-stop.

Tullis94

WKR
I have been watching local stores for a few months but haven't seen any. Plenty of triple 7 and pyrodex you could use if you absolutely have to.

I havent had any luck online either but picked some up at Outdoor Junction in Cookeville, TN. They had quite a few in stock.
Sorry this doesnt help you though :/ Hopefully availability makes its way north.

Tullis94

WKR
I think if you watch close more powder is showing up. I hadn't seen blackhorn in months but seen it in 2 different stores this week.

ENCORE

WKR
I think if you watch close more powder is showing up. I hadn't seen blackhorn in months but seen it in 2 different stores this week.
Natchez had it in 10oz bottles, enough that it lasted an entire day. Less than $40 a bottle. They're sold out now.

JGTWI

WKR
Classified Approved
I had seen it on and off at the Cabela’s in Sun Prairie. I haven’t been there in a while though.

eltaco

WKR
I just found out I drew a CO LE muzzy tag last week… never shot a muzzy in my life. Guess it’s time to hang up the archery gear for one elk season.

I had no idea how much of a challenge it would be to find materials. I’ve called about 30 shops and happened across one can of BH209 today. Had to drive a bit to get it, but glad to have that behind me for the time being.

Now to find primers. Everywhere I’ve called has been out of those, as well.

Good luck to you. I had my best luck with small town gun shops. A number of them had 777 and a couple of others. The major retail stores near me are out of absolutely everything.

I had luck with powder valley. I was able to get three...cost a bit more but I have some for this year. Primers were really hard. I got 1000 on gun broker for about double what they should have cost. I should say I have 1000 CCI Mag 209s being shipped to me. I will feel better when I have them in hand.

My son has a CO Muzzleloader tag and I have a NM Muzzleloader tag.

Summitdog

Lil-Rokslider
You are likely aware that one needs a minimum .50 caliber, without scope, muzzleloader for elk in CO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cal30_sniper

Lil-Rokslider
Midway had it briefly today. Gone by the time I saw the notification email.

I’m sure those are the same 10oz bottles now on gunbroker for $200-300.

Attachments

• FAA9F27D-0B73-48C3-9EE9-99885ECAD4EB.jpeg
    FAA9F27D-0B73-48C3-9EE9-99885ECAD4EB.jpeg
    145.1 KB · Views: 12

ENCORE

WKR
MIdway had it until at least 4 this afternoon (eastern). Lots of guys picked up 2 bottles, which was the limit.
Keep checking. Its starting to show.....