Need Digiscoping advice - adapters and cases

I’m wanting to start digiscoping to give my right eye a break and to be able to take pictures of shooter bucks for my clients. But I don’t know whether to go with Phone Skope, Tines Up, Novograde or Outdoorsmans...or someone else. So I need some advice.

We are doing a bunch of phone upgrades in my family right now so I’m going to have a iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 7 Plus and a iPhone X available to use. Any recommendations on which one will be better...and maybe, why? I’m mainly going to be using it on my Swaro ATX 85mm spotter.

I’d like a case/system that’s as light as possible but, more importantly, one that’s as problem-free. I’ve read some posts over the years where guys couldn’t get things aligned properly and I don’t mind spending the money to get a good system that is easy and will work every time.

Lastly, I’m hoping for something with a case that is fairly slim so it’ll fit into smaller pockets and not get caught on stuff when you pull the phone out of a pocket. Are these cases usually pretty easy to slip off? Just wondering whether it’s easy enough to that you don’t mind swapping it for your regular case OR, whether it’s tough enough that you’re better off putting it on and leaving it there as your daily driver case?

Hoping @Jordan Budd will chime in here along with all y’all digiscoping experts! Thanks to those that reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’m wanting to start digiscoping to give my right eye a break and to be able to take pictures of shooter bucks for my clients. But I don’t know whether to go with Phone Skope, Tines Up, Novograde or Outdoorsmans...or someone else. So I need some advice.

We are doing a bunch of phone upgrades in my family right now so I’m going to have a iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 7 Plus and a iPhone X available to use. Any recommendations on which one will be better...and maybe, why? I’m mainly going to be using it on my Swaro ATX 85mm spotter.

I’d like a case/system that’s as light as possible but, more importantly, one that’s as problem-free. I’ve read some posts over the years where guys couldn’t get things aligned properly and I don’t mind spending the money to get a good system that is easy and will work every time.

Lastly, I’m hoping for something with a case that is fairly slim so it’ll fit into smaller pockets and not get caught on stuff when you pull the phone out of a pocket. Are these cases usually pretty easy to slip off? Just wondering whether it’s easy enough to that you don’t mind swapping it for your regular case OR, whether it’s tough enough that you’re better off putting it on and leaving it there as your daily driver case?

Hoping @Jordan Budd will chime in here along with all y’all digiscoping experts! Thanks to those that reply.

What you describe is the Outdoorsmans case to a T. It’s my daily case and all one piece so the mount cannot come off the case. The only thing I dont like about the case is it doesn’t have an enclosed back. So if you drop it just right on an oblong rock it could hit the back of your phone. No different than the screen though. Been a great case and scope case for me

OP
BrushyHillGuide
What you describe is the Outdoorsmans case to a T. It’s my daily case and all one piece so the mount cannot come off the case. The only thing I dont like about the case is it doesn’t have an enclosed back. So if you drop it just right on an oblong rock it could hit the back of your phone. No different than the screen though. Been a great case and scope case for me

Thanks Jordan! Outdoorsmans always seems the best but they’re always pricier so I was kinda hoping that the Tines Up, with their universal adapter, would work. Lol! Never works out that way. *sigh*

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks Jordan! Outdoorsmans always seems the best but they’re always pricier so I was kinda hoping that the Tines Up, with their universal adapter, would work. Lol! Never works out that way. *sigh*

They TinesUp definitely works! I use those on all my cameras and have used their phone one a bit. No large complaints besides the mount that’s glued onto the phone case can come off. Especially in cold weather. The Outdoorsmans 100% cannot come off if you get the IPhone skeleton case version. Otherwise the tabs that glue onto the phone case like outoorsmans offers is exactly the same as the tines up. Same concept anyways and same issue with the glue eventually giving out

mtmedic

FNG
I have bought many different adapters and have found mixed results all the way up to the Nova Grade which I will be selling if you want that one. I ended up with the Carson Hookupz 2.0 and love this thing. It works great and I am pretty fast with it. I have captured numerous photos and a lot of 4K footage via my iPhone 11 Pro And my iPhone 8 Plus previously. They run around $60.

Attachments

• C9B5C586-4CE0-43C6-A31C-F84E9C80EE72.jpeg
    C9B5C586-4CE0-43C6-A31C-F84E9C80EE72.jpeg
    137.8 KB · Views: 19