Need experienced hunting partner to archery elk hunt Idaho in 2020

HSquared

FNG
Need to find a experienced hunting buddy for Idaho elk season, I have hunted the Palisades and Salmon zones the past 2 years and cannot find anyone in my neck of the woods to brave the mountain range, they've gotten lazy and I guess they need to call home to mom every night. I usually hunt a couple states while in the West and have an abundance of gear I bring, outfitter tent, tipi w/titanium stove, sat messenger...etc.

I am a 46 year old combat veteran who now manages a cattle ranch and have hunted in 16 states for species such as elk, mule deer, whitetail, hog, turkey, alligator, coyote, pheasant, duck, geese, dove, quail and bear.

Anyone that can work a bugle and a cow call that is willing and able to pick up a bow, strap on a pack and go for 10-20 days drop me a line

Attachments

• IMG_1335.JPG
    IMG_1335.JPG
    180.2 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_1399.JPG
    IMG_1399.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_1434.JPG
    IMG_1434.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 195

BrianReno

FNG
Good luck on your search, been hunting with my pops for a long time but after our last unsuccessful hunt and the issues he had during the trip I'm in the same boat.

OP
HSquared

HSquared

FNG
what do you need a hunting partner for? Calling? Company? help packing?
Mainly for calling and helping each other pack out, I got on an excellent herd bull this year in the Salmon area and it was so hot and I was so deep in I knew I'd never get all the meat out before half of it spoiled I closed half the distance back and managed to get on two different herds and would have closed the deal if I had another caller set up.

LionHead

WKR
Im inexperienced in elk but backpacking in out of cell range in the 8-10000 range for the last 4 years in CA. Looking to hunt Idaho or Montana elk next year for archey. You'd be the experienced one but I'd be in the area ready to work

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

OP
HSquared

HSquared

FNG
Im inexperienced in elk but backpacking in out of cell range in the 8-10000 range for the last 4 years in CA. Looking to hunt Idaho or Montana elk next year for archey. You'd be the experienced one but I'd be in the area ready to work

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Have you done any research on the area you'd like to go to and are you planning a controlled hunt application or a OTC?