Need factory or bullet recommends for Tikka 7mm08

I just picked up a Tikka superlite stainless in 7mm08.

What's factory cartridges shoot well out of your Tikka 7mm08?

Are there any specific bullets that this gun likes seated with a long jump? I have some Speer 145gr hot cors I'm going to use, but would like some other suggestions for bullets on the cheaper side.

Those Speers will work just fine if that’s what you want to use. In mine I’ve used 120gr Nos Ballistic Tips, 120 gr Barnes TTSX, and 140 gr Nos Accubonds with equal success. Unless you want to shoot long range and need a bullet with the highest bc possible, these three will do pretty much everything you could ever want to do with the mighty 7mm-08.

OP
H
I should add that this is for elk! Thanks for the replies and the link! I did a search but didn't see that thread.

slvrslngr

WKR
My nephew has killed 4 mulie bucks and big cow elk shooting the Hornady American Whitetail ammo, it's a 139 gr. Interlock. It's pretty cheap so good for trigger time if the accuracy isn't where you want it. That's where I'd start.

OP
H
My nephew has killed 4 mulie bucks and big cow elk shooting the Hornady American Whitetail ammo, it's a 139 gr. Interlock. It's pretty cheap so good for trigger time if the accuracy isn't where you want it. That's where I'd start.

I actually do have some of that oh, so we'll see how it shoots it. Thanks

If you read up on the 120 NBT it's got a thicker jacket than the 140 or 150. That's what I use in my 7-08 and am testing them with a 280 AI now.

I don't know how much this helps but I've killed quite a few whitetail with the speer hot cor from a 7 mag. Not an elk, but I never recovered a bullet and all were DRT that I can recall. They're very affordable too.

Avonac

Lil-Rokslider
My superlite loved 120 ballistic tips. However, it shot the precision hunters good as well

morgaj1

WKR
The load that my 7mm-08 T3x prefers is 140gr Accubonds over Varget. I'm getting 2820fps at 0.7MOA

Stew

Lil-Rokslider
I load the Speer 145 BTSP and hot cores in 3 different 7mm-08s 1 of them being a Tikka T3 all shoot them great
and have taken elk with them.

TauPhi111

WKR
I do not have a Tikka, but I do know for a fact that Barnes like a long jump if that is what you have. I used to play with jump with them, but now I just seat to the first ring (which is what you see with factory loads) and just roll with it most of the time. If you are just shooting deer at normal ranges I'd roll with the 120 TTSX, heavier if you are shooting longer ranges or larger animals.