Need Glove help

jm1607

WKR
Looking for some lightweight gloves that are flexible and I can shoot a bow with that are semi-water resistant.. So something early/mid season worthy.. Running FL merino liners..

I've used the FL Shooter gloves and though they are pretty water resistant I really dislike these gloves. A combination of being bulky and loud I guess..

I have FL Scree gloves and as soon as it starts to lightly drizzle my hands are soaked..

I have rag wool gloves that obviously have little weather protection..

I'm thinking about the Sitka Shooter gloves and FL Shale gloves (although I'm concerned the Shale might be too bulky)..

Anyone use these two in some light rain storms or splashing around getting your bladder filled? Any other glove suggestions?

Last edited:

fishslap

WKR
Good gloves are probably the weakest part of my system. I was looking at Outdoor Research last night. You might want to browse their options.

• Banned
OP
jm1607

jm1607

WKR
Good gloves are probably the weakest part of my system. I was looking at Outdoor Research last night. You might want to browse their options.

I need to take another look at their lineup. I have some old Knuckledusters that are great, but super thick. More like Ski gloves

JDZ

WKR
I'm in the same boat as the OP. Currently use the Sitka Traverse in the early season, but have no good option if the weather id's crappy, or as the weather gets cooler. I don't think jm is a Kuiu guy, but would the Guide or Yukon Pro fit the bill?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ColoradoHunterHiker

Lil-Rokslider
I'm extremely happy with my Kuiu gloves... And I've had nothing but good things said about those I let use them too. For archery, the Tiburons are great. Light, breathable and good leather on them. For rifle, the guide are good, but not warm. Then when it gets cold, I put on the northstars.

I also constantly wear the fingerless talus gloves from FL...

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I like the Shooter Gloves from Firstlite. Cant wait to use them. Felt like they would be the ticket. I didn't notice any noise from them. Maybe I need to play with them some more. I was also looking at the outdoor research line up. Nice looking gloves with wind blocker. I started checking them out when I saw them on the meat eater show in his last bear hunt. They look fantastic and like they would work well.

willidru

WKR
Based of someone's recommendation on this site, I recently purchased a pair of OR Aerators (OR has/had 40% off sale going). I used shooting some 5 stand over the last 2 weeks and really like them so far. They are light weight and give good dexterity, as for water resistant I'm not sure.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Pretty much any sustained drizzle is going to soak out resistant gloves in my mind. This has plagued me in the 40f rain in the past also. I wanted a pair of thin gloves with outdry tech in them to try out (kuiu/Columbia/mountainhardwear use it). I found a set of the newer model Mountain Hardwear plasmic gloves on sale w/ a coupon and got them for like $35 that I am looking forward to using (if needed) this year. My limited testing so far is filling the sink with water and holding my hands submerged for 5min or so opening and closing my hands to work the material some w/o anything weeping in so I'm optimistic. I wear a medium glove normally, I bought these in large so I can wear a liner glove under them if needed in cooler temps. Prior to this I was seriously considering the kuiu Yukon pro glove.

43B18D2A-359C-4BBF-BB43-DA20F2ABD2BC_zps7fdyel3r.jpg