Need Glove Recommendations for a 4th Season CO Deer hunt

bucknbass

FNG
Looking for your go to glove for 4th season in CO. Will be deer hunting so glassing, something new to me as an AL Whitetail hunter LOL.

Thanks in advance!

Clarence

WKR
Tough to beat a glomit, with a chemical handwarmer in the top. For me, the best combo of available dexterity and warmth. My .02

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

4th season glassing...the warmest glove you can find. I’d suggest the Kuiu down glassing mittens, I think other companies have some similar but I have the kuiu ones. Then add a merino liner and carry some hand warmers.

For hiking in and out I like the Sitka traverse gloves for when I am moving.

Dennis

WKR
Like Clarence and Brightwhite above glomits work well. I use Kuiu glomit's with Kuiu 210 Wool Gloves for glassing most often. For hiking, using trekking poles, riding horses and setting up camp etc. I usually wear something like the Kuiu Northstar glove.

Using the chemical warmers on the back of your hands can help if you are getting cold in your gloves and or mittens. You might also like to have some chemical warmers for your feet warm for long glassing sessions. Good luck and enjoy Colorado.

Kgentry

Lil-Rokslider
I struggle with gloves I don’t feel comfortable shooting with them on so I always take them off before the shot. I’ve had some nice gloves but usually end up loosing them. They give use these at work so I grab a pair for hunting. There’s probably a better glove out there but so far these have done well for me even on elk hunts in January.

Attachments

• 063E733F-3D21-412A-8CCB-A41BEEC66DEB.jpeg
    063E733F-3D21-412A-8CCB-A41BEEC66DEB.jpeg
    580.9 KB · Views: 28

renagde

WKR
They're not made in the USA?!?!

They don't look like they have a palm slit for trigger access. Am I wrong?

Also, are they really made in Pakistan for that price?
Nowhere do they advertise that they’re made in the USA which you would think they’d do that if they were. According to a question posted on REI it was said they’re made in a Pakistan.

They don't look like they have a palm slit for trigger access. Am I wrong?

Also, are they really made in Pakistan for that price?

They don’t but they slip off real quick.

Not sure where they are made, I know they aren’t sold third party, think it’s a direct to consumer model.

^^^^^^^^ Just received a pair of these, so haven't hunted them yet. They don't have a finger slit in the palm either, which is a big deal since I stillhunt thick woods in the northeast, where shot opportunities can occur quickly. I'm going to take a razor and cut one in for my trigger finger. I'll wear thin merino gloves as a liner. Hopefully, this will end my quest for warm fingers.

renagde

WKR

I have a pair of these coming any day. Seem like a good option for the money.