Need help finding a Thermarest Xtherm Large

Cdroot89

Lil-Rokslider
I have scoured the internet for a Thermarest Xtherm in Large. I haven’t been able to find one and I would like it for an up coming hunt. Has anyone seen any for sale?

Thanks in advanced.

Side note:
I found one on a website called Mad City Outdoor gear but doing some research it looks like they have some shady business practices. From what others have posted it looks like they say a product is in stock and sell it to you but they don’t actually have it on hand. When you call they say they will email if you leave a message.

I sent one in for warranty in May and am still waiting for the replacement from them. I called last month and they said they were waiting for their next shipment to come in to send out replacements.

OP
Cdroot89

Cdroot89

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the heads up. From what you said I probably won’t be able to find one before my hunt. It seems like it is likely a supply issue from China.

Fish_monger

Lil-Rokslider
I have scoured the internet for a Thermarest Xtherm in Large.
I posted a link to a 25% off sale for an xtherm max in the gear deals section yesterday..

edit: appears the max is just the rectangular shape. I thought it meant large.

Last edited:

Mischief209

Lil-Rokslider
couple hrs ago i just bought the xtherm max reg/wide off amazon. it says it will be here by the 10th. they will be back in stock in a couple days and it was $179. Figured that was my best option, to get in line. Dont need it till the 18th so hopefully all goes well.

OP
Cdroot89

Cdroot89

Lil-Rokslider
Yea, I thought about just going with the max but I am two inches taller then it and if I sleep on my belly from my calves down would be off the mat. I know I could do that but I would prefer not to.

*zap*

WKR
Last edited:

sneaky

"DADDY"
Thanks for the heads up. From what you said I probably won’t be able to find one before my hunt. It seems like it is likely a supply issue from China.
Xtherm pads aren't made in China. Not sure if that pad uses any material from China. They're either made in WA state or in Ireland, but not China

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
Cdroot89

Cdroot89

Lil-Rokslider
Xtherm pads aren't made in China. Not sure if that pad uses any material from China. They're either made in WA state or in Ireland, but not China

Yes, they are built in the US or Ireland and they do their best to source from the US. I think that is great and wish more companies were like this. But whenever I hear supply chain issues I assume some of the material are coming from China but maybe that isn’t a fair assessment.

Attachments

• CBA580C3-A766-4DC4-B82C-A2E0E4DBC266.png
    CBA580C3-A766-4DC4-B82C-A2E0E4DBC266.png
    472.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 0326A759-C692-42FA-9E41-4997BA1166A5.png
    0326A759-C692-42FA-9E41-4997BA1166A5.png
    306.5 KB · Views: 14
I'd also look at the Exped down mat ul. It's thicker warmer and quieter than the Thermarest. I sold my Xtherm to my buddy and went with the Exped. So much gooder.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
I'd also look at the Exped down mat ul. It's thicker warmer and quieter than the Thermarest. I sold my Xtherm to my buddy and went with the Exped. So much gooder.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
70d on the Xtherm vs 20d on the Exped UL is a trade off, as well as 2 year warranty on Exped UL pads. I just picked up a S2S Ether Light XT Extreme to try out. Xtherm Max would have been my first choice but they're impossible to get right now. Never had any issues with my Xtherms,seen more baffle issues with Expeds than Thermarests. Interesting to see how the S2S holds up, it splits the difference with 30d/40d material.