Need Help Finding a Treestand Pack

snel6424

FNG
Hey everybody,

I am wanting a day pack sized backpack with 2 straps on the back of it where I can strap my bow down and not have to carry it with a sling or in my hands. Any ideas?

Macintosh

WKR
You’re just looking for a daypack to carry a bow, or also something for a treestand as the title suggests?
If just the bow this thread has some strap ideas. Tons of packs out there with attachments for straps like this.

WCB

WKR
You could get like a Monster Fanny from Badlands...I've had similar and just laid my bow on the pack part and used a couple straps with buckles to attach it to the shoulder straps on the pack.

I just picked up the Hill People Gear Connor V2 and I think it's going to be the perfect treestand pack. Nice and small, but has an internal frame sheet so it carries a load very well even with only the shoulder straps. Haven't actually had it out for a hunt yet, but just playing around with the setup in my garage the thing seems like it checks all the boxes.

The Badlands Superday pack, and the Mystery Ranch Treehouse are two that have what your looking for. I have both and they are quality pieces.

kbaker9

FNG
I have the Mystery Ranch Treehouse. Pretty solid, have not used the straps to carry a bow, but they are there.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

ETX-(Ty)

FNG
I run the Kifaru Stryker. The whole pack is a strap basically. I can lock in a climber, bow, hydration and still have a meat shelf to get an animal out if your way out in some public

Hey everybody,

I am wanting a day pack sized backpack with 2 straps on the back of it where I can strap my bow down and not have to carry it with a sling or in my hands. Any ideas?
If you go with a Mystery Ranch Treehouse, a good pack overall, get one of the newer versions. The old ones had 3/4" straps and buckles across the back that had a tendency to get loose.

clintbeef

FNG
Mystery ranch has a pack that’s called the tree house. I have a tree house 20 that is perfect for tree stand hunting. I saddle hunt mostly and it will carry my sticks, bow and platform pretty easily. Check them out. Can be pretty pricey but I’ve received an email not too long ago with a promo code for 20% off. Can’t beat the warranty either..

ahorn3

FNG
Mystery ranch has a pack that’s called the tree house. I have a tree house 20 that is perfect for tree stand hunting. I saddle hunt mostly and it will carry my sticks, bow and platform pretty easily. Check them out. Can be pretty pricey but I’ve received an email not too long ago with a promo code for 20% off. Can’t beat the warranty either..
How do you strap the sticks and platform to it? I was deciding between the Pop Up 28 and the Treehouse 20, and am just kind of torn.

Hoping to see how some people strap everything down

Reactions: hfk
I just got a mystery ranch pintler and really like it so far. Bungeed hawk heliums to my xop vanish and put it on the meat shelf and it carries easy. There are two straps on the bag I’d assume you could strap your bow to, but I haven’t tried it.

wesfromky

WKR
I can't carry my bow with it, but I have been using a MR gunfighter 14 for a treestand pack this year, and it works great. Perfect size and good organization.

I will be switching to my MR 2DAP this week though as I start to hunt from my ebike. The 2DAP has straps for a bow, and I used it last year for a tree stand pack as well. I have a pop-up 28 that I will probably work into the rotation once I start bring more layers.

Big fan of my sitka apex pack. Big enough to stap a bow to or even a gun for that matter but also light enough and small enough to stalk with or take up a tree. I am using that for my saddle setup this year too with my platform and steps attached via the straps on the back.

How do you strap the sticks and platform to it? I was deciding between the Pop Up 28 and the Treehouse 20, and am just kind of torn.

Hoping to see how some people strap everything down
How much weight are you planning on strapping to your pack?

The Treehouse 20 doesn’t appear to have the adjustable harness, so I expect that will negatively impact comfort.

On the Pop Up 28 you can use the load shelf to carry stuff, or wrap the side straps around the pack of the pack to hold a bow or rifle. They have opposite male/female connectors so the left and right side straps can be connected.

4ckb

FNG
I've tried a number of packs over the years and currently run a Cabela's Treestand Pack, which I find fits the bill wonderfully.