need help finding long sleeve camo shirt.. Kuiu?sitka?

jruff002

Lil-Rokslider
Trying to find a very versitile long sleeve hunting shirt. I can't afford 1 for each designed hunt but i do believe in buying quality products. I'm looking for this shirt to wear under my sitka traverse cold weather hoody which i basically use that thing as a coat more than a hoody/jacket...love that thing. I want something thats breathable to wear under my sitka but as day warms up deer/turkey hunting i can use it as a stand alone. Basically something comparable to a cheap camo cotton shirt from walmart but breathable. Looking at the kuiu ultra merino 145 zip t and the pro merino 200 zip t. Also looking at the midweight & heavyweight sitka zip t's. Anyone chime in i'd appreciate it. Just hard to buy things online when you can't put your hands on them and i go to bass pro couple times a year cuz it's a good ways off and their limited on what they have in stock in sitka normally. I'm open to any other brands as well just want something thats versitile and breathable but not to thin.

Lowg08

WKR
If your looking at merino wool. Go with first lite. I wear kuiu outer wear and synthetic but when it comes to merino. I only wear first light. Try the fuse or kiln. I prefer the fuse

jdmaxwell

WKR
Just spent 10 days in same long sleeve Firstlite on hunt. Barely had smell to it.
Impressed

mlgc20

WKR
I have the Sitka lightweight hoodie, Sitka mid weight 1/4 zip, and Sitka heavy weight 1/4 zip. IMO the heavyweight is too heavy to be really versatile. For me it is for extreme cold. Single digits and below. Personally, I love the lightweight hoodie. But, it is very thin. Probably not what your looking for. I think you would be very happy with the mid weight Sitka 1/4 zip. I picked up another one the other day from Black Ovis. They had them on sale for $75 or something like that.

I am a Kuiu fan and have a couple of their merino pieces. Frankly, I almost never wear them. I always go for my Sitka or Ice Breaker zips.

tanker

Lil-Rokslider
I have a couple of the Sitka core lightweight crews in long sleeve. Love them. They are pretty thin/breathable so may not be what you are looking for. Can get several days in them without a stink.

Kryptek Valhalla of you want a synthetic hoodless shirt. I've put more days than I can count on mine.

First lite kiln hoody is nice and very comfortable but a little heavy and slow to dry. Their merino is much nicer than the kuiu 145 that I have.

I'm looking to try the kuiu peloton 97 hoody this year as an alternative to the light weight Valhalla and the somewhat heavy kiln.

Sturgeon

WKR
I think a First Lite Fuse would fit your bill perfectly. I wasn’t a huge fan of my Kuiu merino and sold it off. Also if it doesn’t need to be camo I also like Icebreaker and Smartwool 200 weight tops.

ncstewart

WKR
Might look at nomad. They on sale right now for $25 bucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk