Need help fixing target panic.

v37co

FNG
Any recomendations on a backtenstion? I was looking at a Carter Evolution 3 finger and thinking that would possilbly be a good one. Then once hunting starts getting close get a thumb button like a Carter just b cuz or Carter just cuz since they are both pretty similar to the Evolution and work that into the shooting routine. I have had a Stan SX3 but I think the only line they have that are releativily close in models is the perfex in the resistance and thumb button.
I use honey badger claw and long horn hunting. definitely helps with not punching the trigger

Target Panic is a 100% mental thing. To overcome target panic, you basically need to break down the entire shot process into baby steps and let each step become 100% subconscious. Practice your release without even drawing the bow, and just use a piece of string. Also Practice aiming by drawing the bow and just aiming and letting it down. And No shame in standing close to the target...

Guy once told me, you know how to walk, no need to practice that when working on shooting, working on your shot can be at 5 yards..

87TT

WKR
I agree, don't over think it. To me target panic is different than just "punching the trigger". I have bouts of trigger punching when I get tired or am concentrating too hard. I just go back to basics, including moving closer to the target. Same as trap shooting. You can't time the shot. I have also had target panic where I have launched arrows into the north forty completely missing a three bale backstop.

Any recomendations on a backtenstion? I was looking at a Carter Evolution 3 finger and thinking that would possilbly be a good one. Then once hunting starts getting close get a thumb button like a Carter just b cuz or Carter just cuz since they are both pretty similar to the Evolution and work that into the shooting routine. I have had a Stan SX3 but I think the only line they have that are releativily close in models is the perfex in the resistance and thumb button.
Stan Element!

Zac

WKR
Target Panic is a 100% mental thing. To overcome target panic, you basically need to break down the entire shot process into baby steps and let each step become 100% subconscious. Practice your release without even drawing the bow, and just use a piece of string. Also Practice aiming by drawing the bow and just aiming and letting it down. And No shame in standing close to the target...

Guy once told me, you know how to walk, no need to practice that when working on shooting, working on your shot can be at 5 yards..
Your subconscious is responsible for target panic.