Need help getting started with sewing pouches, bags, etc.

Big Bore

FNG
I’m a long time leather crafter/wood worker. I primarily make holsters, sheaths, back quivers, etc. I’d like to get into making my own pouches, packs, etc for hunting and will soon order a sewing machine (still researching).

Can you point me in the right direction for two areas?

1. Patterns and DIY tutorials. I’ll start with small bags and pouches to attach to my various packs. Is there a specific site or YouTube channel that would be a good place to start?

2. Ordering materials. Where do y’all order materials and such for your projects?

Thank you in advance.

Look at 'rip stop by the roll''s site. The have all the materials and also tutorials.. Certainly enough to get started.

There's a thread in here on it, but I think many recommend a Singer 4452 as a decent new starter machine. there's plenty of old machines that will also work that are cheap on craigs - vikings, kenmore's, and then there are very good machines that are a little harder (but not impossible) to find.

OP
Big Bore

Big Bore

FNG
Look at 'rip stop by the roll''s site. The have all the materials and also tutorials.. Certainly enough to get started.

There's a thread in here on it, but I think many recommend a Singer 4452 as a decent new starter machine. there's plenty of old machines that will also work that are cheap on craigs - vikings, kenmore's, and then there are very good machines that are a little harder (but not impossible) to find.
Thank you much!