Need help homing a yellow lab NW CO

WTFJohn

WKR
@Vandy321 has found a mid-aged yellow lab while out and about in the woods of NW CO. It's a neutered, friendly male that's in need of a home. We've spoken with animal control and there have been no reports of a missing dog matching the description. He's going to see if the dog is chipped, but otherwise we're looking to have the dog go somewhere good rather than be put down. Jeff (Vandy) is going to be in the greater Steamboat area in about 3 hours, if you know anyone that's able or willing to help please PM or call myself or Jeff. My number is , his is . Transport might be possible along the route from Steamboat to Denver/the Springs as well.

Last edited:

TSAMP

WKR
How long since It was found? Might hold off on shipping this thing off just yet. Some people won't file anything for a couple days hoping the dog returns on its own, or are out actively looking for it themselves. I'd be checking social media first, animal controls the last call I'd make if my dog ran off in the mtns.

I live in the black hawk area....We have a 6 yr old German Shepherd, so pending how she would get along with him I'd be willing to take him; pending the chip/not being able to find the owner. I don't want to see a pup in his prime get put down.

OP
W

WTFJohn

WKR
How long since It was found? Might hold off on shipping this thing off just yet. Some people won't file anything for a couple days hoping the dog returns on its own, or are out actively looking for it themselves. I'd be checking social media first, animal controls the last call I'd make if my dog ran off in the mtns.

Dog has been loose up there for a while, non-stop barking and howling for the last few days and is showing rib & hip bones. CPW, USFS, and animal control all have no reports of missing animals. @austinphps is going to help rehome the dog once we can verify the chip status.

def90

WKR
I dated a girl for a year or so down here in Boulder and she had an extremely friendly border collie. That thing would get out of everything and loved to run but it would always come back, except for when some good samaritan thought they had found a lost dog and decided to keep it overnight so that they could eventually bring it to the Humane Society. The saving grace was that it had epilepsy so people tended not to hang on to it for too long. If I see a dog and it looks healthy and not in distress I leave it be.