Need help! Hoyt RX-1 string stop

Clrems77

WKR
Can anyone tell me the size/thread pitch on the string stop set screw? Mine fell out and I need one ASAP. Thank you in advance.

Marble

WKR
Can anyone tell me the size/thread pitch on the string stop set screw? Mine fell out and I need one ASAP. Thank you in advance.
Not that you don't know what you are talking about, but just double check it. I thought mine fell out the other day as I was thinking I would be able to see the screw in the hole, well it was just loose. They're pretty short.

Any pro shop will have them just laying around.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

On my Hoyt Helix the set screw securing the string stop rod is 1/4-20 about 3/16" long. Different model but still a Hoyt within a couple years of the RX-1, so I'd be willing to bet that screw is the same. Any hardware store should have 1/4-20 fasteners on the shelf, though finding one that short might be difficult. A longer screw wouldn't hurt anything other than aesthetics if it sticks out far enough to be visible.
IMG_20210809_165848850.jpg

Last edited:

OR Archer

WKR
On my Hoyt Helix the set screw securing the string stop rod is 1/4-20 about 3/16" long. Different model but still a Hoyt within a couple years of the RX-1, so I'd be willing to bet that screw is the same. Any hardware store should have 1/4-20 fasteners on the shelf, though finding one that short might be difficult. A longer screw wouldn't hurt anything other than aesthetics if it sticks out far enough to be visible.
View attachment 315130
They’re actually different between the aluminum and carbons. It’s dumb not to use a universal one for all.

They’re actually different between the aluminum and carbons. It’s dumb not to use a universal one for all.
Learn something new every day...guess I would've lost that bet. Now I'm curious, what size fastener do they use on the carbon bows?

OP
C

Clrems77

WKR
View attachment 315130
Thank you sir. You were correct on the 1/4-20.