Need help making decision for deep in mountains

OP
H
I have to ask....How did you feel the next day after that hump out?

When I laid down that night at midnight, I yelled "oh shit" and fell asleep haha. The next day, I felt ok after having some food...just a little tired and sore. I did end up injuring my Achilles for a couple weeks because it's sensitive to repeated pressure and rubbing from rhe way my boots are cut. I thought about changing into my running shoes for the second half to prevent it (I've had the problem before) but didn't want to deal with 100% soaked feet from river crossings.

For the future, I'm going to look for some lightweight bags or thigh high waders or something to just stick my legs into for crossings. I much prefer running shoes or low hikers.

I am in excellent physical condition and can handle most anything...it is usually a day to a few days after that
the effects of what you did would hit me......hard.

Congrats. Great story and macho work.

The10%

Lil-Rokslider
When I laid down that night at midnight, I yelled "oh shit" and fell asleep haha. The next day, I felt ok after having some food...just a little tired and sore. I did end up injuring my Achilles for a couple weeks because it's sensitive to repeated pressure and rubbing from rhe way my boots are cut. I thought about changing into my running shoes for the second half to prevent it (I've had the problem before) but didn't want to deal with 100% soaked feet from river crossings.

For the future, I'm going to look for some lightweight bags or thigh high waders or something to just stick my legs into for crossings. I much prefer running shoes or low hikers.
Achilles tendinitis, same thing happened to me this year after packing out my elk. And like you I usually just wear running shoes.