Need help on picking a water bladder

Mosby

WKR
I use both Source and Hydrapak bladders and have been happy with both. I have never thought about the length of the tube but now I am curious and will compare.

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
I use both Source and Hydrapak bladders and have been happy with both. I have never thought about the length of the tube but now I am curious and will compare.

Anything further? I am still on the fence with the Full Force, but I can't for the life of me figure out where I read/how I concluded the tube is 48" long.

Mosby

WKR
Anything further? I am still on the fence with the Full Force, but I can't for the life of me figure out where I read/how I concluded the tube is 48" long.
My Source tube is 36 inches long(no quick connect). My Hydrapak tube with a quick connect installed is 39 inches. I looked up the standard tube length on the Hydrapak website and it is 36 inches, so I think they are both the same when new.

Last edited:
OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
My Source tube is 36 inches long(no quick connect). My Hydrapak tube with a quick connect installed is 39 inches. I looked up the standard tube length on the Hydrapak website and it is 36 inches, so I think they are both the same when new.
I pulled the trigger on the Hydrapak Force 3L. It seems like it should work, I think in part because the bladder sits up higher and the hose does not go into the bladder at the bottom. I was disappointed that the Force didn't come with anything to clip the tube to my pack, and it looks like the Tube Magnet doesn't fit the hose on the Force. What do you use?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mosby

WKR
I pulled the trigger on the Hydrapak Force 3L. It seems like it should work, I think in part because the bladder sits up higher and the hose does not go into the bladder at the bottom. I was disappointed that the Force didn't come with anything to clip the tube to my pack, and it looks like the Tube Magnet doesn't fit the hose on the Force. What do you use?

I have a small lateral strap on my pack shoulder harness. I run the mouthpiece through that on the left side and it holds it in place well enough.

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
In case anyone was watching this, or for future searches, I ended up sticking with the Force 3L, but got from Hydrapak a 46" tube, found a long (but not 46") insulating tube, and was able to attach the Hydrapak magnet to the end of the tube for the following setup.

Attachments

• 20190721_183153.jpg
    20190721_183153.jpg
    372 KB · Views: 40

Adventure

FNG
I prefer Source water system over all the others. I found the others have more of a plastic taste.

sneaky

"DADDY"
In case anyone was watching this, or for future searches, I ended up sticking with the Force 3L, but got from Hydrapak a 46" tube, found a long (but not 46") insulating tube, and was able to attach the Hydrapak magnet to the end of the tube for the following setup.
There's the difference. I think 99% of us run our hydration tubes over our shoulder and above our bino harnesses. That's a lot of wasted tube length running it under your arm and up. I'm 6'4 and have never ran anything other than the standard hose lengths. These days I usually just carry SmartWater bottles, lighter, and they don't have the bladder issues I've dealt with in the past.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
That's not exactly the difference, as before I was running the tube over my should and it was annoying to have to turn my head to one side or the other to drink. Now the tube is a better location - for me.