Need Help- Will Trade Info - Nine Mile, Anthro-Myton Bench Buck Muzzleloader

Hey all,
I have to ask for some help. If anyone could PM me that would be great.
I am taking my daughter out for the muzzy hunt that starts Sept 28th.
We went up a couple times but am struggling to find goats off private land down by irrigation.
Didi I focus on the wrong area?

Any advice would be appreciated. hopefully I get some karma back for helping out of staters harvest elk/deer in SW colorado for the last 10 years.
I'm happy to trade info for OTC colorado. I have guided here for 15+ years.

Pm's preferred not to make people mad. Thanks

Hey man. I may have a lead for you. Message me. I stumbled into something last year while scouting for myself!

Rich M

WKR
W ML permit you will have a lot less competition - On X is your friend. Tough to compete with the pivots, maybe get a little further out from them?

Good luck.

OP
BrokenArrow
Thanks Andy,
I called that lead. Unfortunately they didn’t have any options for me.
I really appreciate it though!

rolocasi

FNG
How did your hunt go? I had the same tag this year and took my 8 year old son with me (his first big game tag along hunt). We had no problem finding goats (50 + a day), just nothing over 10". Plenty of little ones, I supposed the rifle guys had the pick of the litter, just scraps for the muzzy guys. Did see one 14" in 3 days, but he was smart and could not get closer than 300 yards. We ended up with a 13" we stumbled upon on the last day/hour of the hunt. He was injured on the hind quarter from another hunters bullet (likely 2 days prior) and we didn't hesitate to put him down and out of his misery. Fun hunt for small goats. I suspect the rifle opener is a tad bit better, but not worth the points on the muzzy. Just curious of what other folks experienced, did stumble upon two successful muzzy hunters with smaller bucks on the first day of the hunt > They were happy hunters, and that is what matters.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    137.2 KB · Views: 18
OP
BrokenArrow
How did your hunt go? I had the same tag this year and took my 8 year old son with me (his first big game tag along hunt). We had no problem finding goats (50 + a day), just nothing over 10". Plenty of little ones, I supposed the rifle guys had the pick of the litter, just scraps for the muzzy guys. Did see one 14" in 3 days, but he was smart and could not get closer than 300 yards. We ended up with a 13" we stumbled upon on the last day/hour of the hunt. He was injured on the hind quarter from another hunters bullet (likely 2 days prior) and we didn't hesitate to put him down and out of his misery. Fun hunt for small goats. I suspect the rifle opener is a tad bit better, but not worth the points on the muzzy. Just curious of what other folks experienced, did stumble upon two successful muzzy hunters with smaller bucks on the first day of the hunt > They were happy hunters, and that is what matters.
Hey there,
I was just looking to jump on and let y’all know.
I ended up with a smaller buck and very happy about it. I will say it’s not easy to hunt with a 5 year old girl and a 3 mo th old german shirt hair! Plus we could only hunt for 3 days.
We didn’t see a ton of bigger bucks over 11-12”, but since it was a more dry time out there this time, we were able to move and see a ton more antelope. Finding turned out to be not a problem with more time and better weather.
We left through the NE side of the unit over the Rez land and I saw the biggest buck I’ve ever seen. 80” for sure. But, off limits.
Very cool area. Would love to draw again, but we know that ain’t gonna ever happen again in Utah! It might truly be OIL.
And thanks again to Andy. I spoke with the bird place and they couldn’t help, but wished me luck.

Attachments

• 0F7495C1-8619-4B04-8692-2084D034E7A2.jpeg
    0F7495C1-8619-4B04-8692-2084D034E7A2.jpeg
    314.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

rolocasi

FNG
Hey there,
I was just looking to jump on and let y’all know.
I ended up with a smaller buck and very happy about it. I will say it’s not easy to hunt with a 5 year old girl and a 3 mo th old german shirt hair! Plus we could only hunt for 3 days.
We didn’t see a ton of bigger bucks over 11-12”, but since it was a more dry time out there this time, we were able to move and see a ton more antelope. Finding turned out to be not a problem with more time and better weather.
We left through the NE side of the unit over the Rez land and I saw the biggest buck I’ve ever seen. 80” for sure. But, off limits.
Very cool area. Would love to draw again, but we know that ain’t gonna ever happen again in Utah! It might truly be OIL.
And thanks again to Andy. I spoke with the bird place and they couldn’t help, but wished me luck.
Congrats on the hunt! Memories made with kids is priceless. They were doing a tooth/age study (submitted the two bottom teeth in the mail). Will be interesting to see the results. I agree with you, likely my one and only Antelope hunt in Utah. It was cool though to hunt them with a muzzy.

OP
BrokenArrow
Congrats on the hunt! Memories made with kids is priceless. They were doing a tooth/age study (submitted the two bottom teeth in the mail). Will be interesting to see the results. I agree with you, likely my one and only Antelope hunt in Utah. It was cool though to hunt them with a muzzy.
Thank you and you too!
I ended up with 14.5” buck. Just did my harvest survey.
Good luck to all in the future