Need help with a exercise routine

OP
Afhunter1

Afhunter1

WKR
Thanks again for all the great suggestions. I’m gonna try the 22’s and some of the other stuff you guys have suggested. I’d rather have a structured workout then be left to my own devices too. I just don’t know enough and I’m afraid I’d hurt myself if I tried much more than body weight stuff right now.

If I was doing something like 10 push-ups, 10 squats, 10 pull up, 10 lunges, 10 dips, plank as long as possible. How long should I wait between exercises and also how long between the next round?

jp0212

FNG
Thanks again for all the great suggestions. I’m gonna try the 22’s and some of the other stuff you guys have suggested. I’d rather have a structured workout then be left to my own devices too. I just don’t know enough and I’m afraid I’d hurt myself if I tried much more than body weight stuff right now.

If I was doing something like 10 push-ups, 10 squats, 10 pull up, 10 lunges, 10 dips, plank as long as possible. How long should I wait between exercises and also how long between the next round?

It is definitely great to go for the companies that are pro hunting, but the one item that you need to make sure is addressed is the stabilization of joints and ensuring muscular balance. The exercise program you indicated would definitely want to be expanded on as key muscle groups don't get hit enough. With the Push Ups and Dips, you have a heavy focus on forward "Push" muscles and not enough focus on rearward "Pull" muscles. There's a company called Athlean-X that I highly recommend. Their programs are heavily based on physical therapy, so their intent is to provide a very difficult workout with significant incorporation of muscular balancing type exercise. If you ever need help, I would be happy to chat on the phone with you to expand on this a little.

Desertrek

FNG
5x5 stronglift program. Once accomplished, then focus on cardio while maintaining 1x week weightlifting.

I've been doing the Athlean X home workout on YouTube. It's got a lot of leg stuff that's good for hiking. I'll throw my weighted pack on for the leg stuff where applicable. Then Travis Eliot's yoga and jogging/backpack walks around the block.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

sga475

FNG
Getting a kettlebell or two could be beneficial. You can do a lot of different exercises with one and I have found that swings have made carrying a heavy pack much easier.

LionHead

WKR
when getting back into working out especially after an extended break I like timed circuits with bodyweight/dumbbell (DB)/kettlebell(KB)/sandbag(SB) exercises.

Ill usually pick 10 exercise at 30 seconds each for a total of 5 minutes. Rest and do 3-8 rounds depending on conditioning.

I go full out for the Rx'd time switching from upper, lower, core then some kind of plyometrics this way I can keep the heart rate up and switch as muscles fatigue

I.E.

3-5 rounds at 30 seconds each of
Jumping jacks (jump rope)
Air squat (KB goblet squat)
Pushups (DB push press)
Sit-up (any more difficult sit-up variation)
Up/downs (burpees)
Jumps squats (box jumps)
Pushup hops (plyo pushups)
V-up crunches (bicycle crunch)
Ring rows ( DB/KB row)
Hi knee run in place (more burpees)
Rest 1 minute

Each week I'll add time, weight or more rounds to make the circuits more difficult.

Right now circuits are alternated between barbell days and run/ruck days. As work capacity goes up the circuits start to become a warm-ups or compliment the other work days

You can sub in any type of exercise you like even barbell.

Hope that helps

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk