Need help with Foot pain.

Hey guys, I am in need of some assistance with my footwear choice. I am getting into sheep and goat hunting really seriously and have found that my scarpa kenisis pro boots have been causing pain on the top of my foot. I've been trying to figure out why and so far it look like the eyelets of my boot dig into the top of the foot when I tighten the laces. Any suggestions on products to help? Or should I just sell the boots and get new ones? Thanks.

Rokwiia

WKR
I would first try different lacing techniques. We're programmed to use the criss-cross method of lacing. Try using hot-spot lacing up the boot for as long as needed to avoid the pain on the top of your foot. If that doesn't work, you can go to plan B but it might save you a lot of hassle and pain to experiment with lacing techniques.

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
I had a pair of lowa Tibet's that did this. My best guess of the problem was that the boots were too wide and no lace combination could get them to fit right without crushing it on top of my foot.

tdot

WKR
Is your pain in one specific spot on the top of your foot, or does it run the entire length of eyelets? One foot or two?

Usually the tongue of the boot is between your foot and the eyelets, so there should be padding there to protect your foot. Is it the tongue maybe causing the problem? A crease, fold or something else?

I agree with looking lacing techniques. I have to use a surgeons knot to allow me to tension the lower foot, but keep zero pressure on the too of my arch..

OP
Brower-bark98
Tdot, thanks for asking questions and getting me processing more. It's in one spot on my right foot mostly and sometime my left. It's only about an inch of surface pain. I have tried to see if I have a fold in my boots tongue and it seems to be a small one. I'm going to try and get rid of it thabks for the input!

tdot

WKR
Tdot, thanks for asking questions and getting me processing more. It's in one spot on my right foot mostly and sometime my left. It's only about an inch of surface pain. I have tried to see if I have a fold in my boots tongue and it seems to be a small one. I'm going to try and get rid of it thabks for the input!

Is the pain is located on the top of your foot, slightly in front of your ankle? If you take your boot off, does the pain match up with the high spot on the top of your foot?

Jimss

WKR
You may want to try thorlo or other socks that have padding in the top of the socks? If you can't figure it out I wouldn't chance it on a hunt of a lifetime and would buy another pair!

Jimss

WKR
You may want to try thorlo or other socks that have padding in the top of the socks? If you can't figure it out I wouldn't chance it on a hunt of a lifetime and would buy another pair!