Need help with my Hamskea!

Cdroot89

Lil-Rokslider
I switched from a qad to a hamskea trinity a few months ago and now a week before my elk hunt it is acting up. I don’t have enough experience with them to trouble shoot so I am hoping someone on here could help me. Sometimes the arrow rest rises when I draw the bow back and before I get to full draw it goes back down. Other times it goes up and drops away like it is supposed to when I shoot. Any suggestions or ways to trouble shoot this? Thanks.

Call hamskea. In the meantime, try moving where you have activation cord in a different spot.

OP
Cdroot89

Cdroot89

Lil-Rokslider
Here are the photos of the set up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 67
OP
Cdroot89

Cdroot89

Lil-Rokslider
So on the times that it happens it feels like there is extra resistance in my draw cycle, especially right at the end. Looking over it more I think the tail end of the rope might some how get pulled into my cam or pinched in my cable as it rotates. This would put tension back on the spring and cause the arm to lower. This explanation is the most simple one I could think of.

So on the times that it happens it feels like there is extra resistance in my draw cycle, especially right at the end. Looking over it more I think the tail end of the rope might some how get pulled into my cam or pinched in my cable as it rotates. This would put tension back on the spring and cause the arm to lower. This explanation is the most simple one I could think of.

Only thing I could think of was something was getting ahold of the cord, it really is a pretty simple system.

That heavy kink in the activation cord makes look like it might be getting pinched into your cam by the cable.

Screenshot_20210902-204219.png

Did you put an extra knot in it before the picture?

OR Archer

WKR
Does this happen when your shooting with your quiver on? Does it happen when it’s off? Reason I ask is if you’re putting your tight spot on too far it’ll contact the activation arm if it’s not positioned correctly

OP
Cdroot89

Cdroot89

Lil-Rokslider
Only thing I could think of was something was getting ahold of the cord, it really is a pretty simple system.

That heavy kink in the activation cord makes look like it might be getting pinched into your cam by the cable.

View attachment 323056

Did you put an extra knot in it before the picture?

Yea, I put some extra knots in it when I was trying to remedy the problem. The kink could be from that or it could have been from being pinched.

OP
Cdroot89

Cdroot89

Lil-Rokslider
Does this happen when your shooting with your quiver on? Does it happen when it’s off? Reason I ask is if you’re putting your tight spot on too far it’ll contact the activation arm if it’s not positioned correctly

It did happen with the quiver on. That may be the culprit but I didn’t think it was on to close. Once I tied the free end up it stopped doing it without me adjusting the quiver.

devinhal

FNG
The first thing I would do is eliminate all of those knots on the end of the actuation cord that is tied around the limb. You only need to use a double half hitch and it will stay and be very strong. A double half hitch will also eliminate any cord tails that might be getting caught in the cam. If you are still having issues, give me a call at the office and I'll do my best to help.
970-978-8490 ex#2

MHB

FNG
OP,

This is a really easy solution. Add tension to the launcher tung. There are 2 stainless steel screws next to the actuator arm. Remove these two screws, and rotate counter clock wise (about 45*) to the next set of holes. This will add tension the the spring that raised the launcher arm. I use a fairly heave arrow with about 200 grains upfront and have had to do this to all my rests.

If this only happens when you have a quiver attached you are probably getting contact with your quiver or arrows in your quiver.

Attachments

• Hamskea spring tension_1.jpg
    Hamskea spring tension_1.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 16

gelton

WKR
Well, this thread helped me albeit unintentionally. I was taking a look at your pics and was going to point out that your spring didn't appear to be under enough tension.

But before pointing that out I did a bit of research and it was my spring that was way overstretched. The local "pro" shop installed it - I think it was the first install from them because they mentioned how excited they were to see one and that they had an order in with a supplier that had not arrived yet.

In any case, they reefed the hell out of the limb cord and the spring was stretched way past what they recommend at Hamskea. Luckily I had already ordered a backup spring to carry along during my hunt and replaced it.

Now we will see if the new backup I ordered today will get here before I head out on the 15th otherwise the overstretched spring is the backup.

So glad I have everything I need for the home archery shop so I don't have to rely on the numbnutz at the local shop.

OP
Cdroot89

Cdroot89

Lil-Rokslider
The first thing I would do is eliminate all of those knots on the end of the actuation cord that is tied around the limb. You only need to use a double half hitch and it will stay and be very strong. A double half hitch will also eliminate any cord tails that might be getting caught in the cam. If you are still having issues, give me a call at the office and I'll do my best to help.
970-978-8490 ex#2

Thank you. I will do that and see if the problem is eliminated. I am fairly confident that it will fix it. If you were wondering, my bow shop installed it, I didn’t.

Tilzbow

WKR
970-978-8490 ex#2

^^^^Yep!^^^^

Attachments

• 6309C054-E2EC-44CA-A023-2763BA7E322A.jpeg
    6309C054-E2EC-44CA-A023-2763BA7E322A.jpeg
    289.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 486BEA2A-5FE2-4DC5-87F2-42F7EC3E4A8E.jpeg
    486BEA2A-5FE2-4DC5-87F2-42F7EC3E4A8E.jpeg
    271.9 KB · Views: 16