Need help with new stone glacier

Jac

Lil-Rokslider
Just got my new 5900 and it looks really good. I filled it up with blankets to see the size of the pack. The trouble I’m having is the pack is sitting really close to the back of my head. When I tilt my head back just a bit my head hits the pack. Is this a adjustment thing or is that normal for the x curve frame?
Thanks for your help

sivart

WKR
how tall are you? what is your torso length? All of the Stone frames are 26", which is why i went with a different brand. I prefer the 24".

If the bag is what's near your head, it may just need the top pocket cinched down tighter, to compress the bag down.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Just got my new 5900 and it looks really good. I filled it up with blankets to see the size of the pack. The trouble I’m having is the pack is sitting really close to the back of my head. When I tilt my head back just a bit my head hits the pack. Is this a adjustment thing or is that normal for the x curve frame?
Thanks for your help

The stays in that frame slightly angle forward over your shoulder blades (they aren’t vertical, they follow your back profile) so yes, it is normal - that is meant to keep the load closer to your body. Your load lifters will bring the top of the frame even closer to the back of your head the tighter you pull them, so be mindful of that, and that you have your shoulder straps set well. I’m 5’8” and I experience what you are describing.

Rodéo

WKR
You need to adjust your pack. I've experienced the same issues with an SG xcurve but the pack wasn't fitted to me. Watch the videos SG and GoHunt have posted to get your pack dialed in. If you still haven't figured it out call SG and they'll get you set up right.

OP
J

Jac

Lil-Rokslider
Yes I had the bottom straps below the bag loose. This cause the bag to tip in more when you pull the load lifters. I have been adjusting and readjusting and it’s getting better. I guess no matter which way you slice it the bag will be near back of the head. I’m 5-11” might not be as much of a issue for taller people. There is also 2 setting for the load lifters. I have it on lower setting don’t know if that matters

madcalfe

WKR
im 5,11 and run the talus 6900 and the top of the bag is behind my head when completely loaded. stone glaciers seem to be a tall bag not wide. ive never noticed that it gets in the way or is annoying while hunting and I've ran it for 3 years. 2 fly in sheep hunts and couple walk in sheep hunts.

OP
J

Jac

Lil-Rokslider
I called SG today and spoke with Kurt. There customer service is fantastic he is sending me
Some straight stays to try out. He took the time to talk me through it, more then pleased
With the company so far.