Need help with packs

Jonrad

FNG
Ok guys went camping and hunting for the first time and I'm hooked. I have been looking for gear and getting prepared. Need some help with packs.
Wanting to go on 1-3 day hunting trip With meat hauler. Away from the truck

Diamond K

FNG
First of all I am new to the forum but not new to packing. I have been packing elk out of the mountains since the late 1970's. Started out with an old Coleman aluminum frame without a waist belt. My hunting buddy had an old military pack board. As pack suspension improved I have tried several different packs through the years. Most were external freighter type frames. I currently have a Slumberjack Bounty. The bags can come off leaving you with a frame which has a meat shelf/sling and a lot of straps to sinch down the load. I like this system, it is big enough for a 10 day Idaho back country hunt. It also has a detachable day pack that is very handy.

Hey.
Basically, I prefer to go hiking for 3-4 days, fully loading the backpack. I had an alice-medium backpack with a modified frame from another backpack. I also had a backpack from Mystery Runch SATL. However, I do not recommend it to you. Despite the fact that this backpack is very classy and made of 500 cordura (which is very difficult to tear), the top cover was very inconvenient during long walks with it. Pay attention to Kelty. According to the reviews of my friends - very good backpacks.

Thor45

FNG
There are a lot of options. It's a preference. Would consider the Stone Glacier EVO 40,56 and same company a smaller bag the SOLO. Kifaru has many options and I'm currently getting ready to purchase either the Hoodlum or Muskeg 5000, or the the Stryker Cargo Panel. I run a SG Sky 5900 but am wanting to try Kifaru.

PA-R

Lil-Rokslider
I Have a ExO 3500, K-2 frame, k-2 crib load panel. Been using Kifaru older frame, timberline bag, I may want to sell the EXO frame and 3500 bag.

OP
J

Jonrad

FNG
What size is the belt? and I had mystery ranch selway 60 but didn’t like how it fit so I sold it. I want to try a few different packs to see how they feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PA-R

Lil-Rokslider
I have have a small and also a medium, the medium was to large for me, small fit good.