Need help with sheep hunting boots.

AK Yeti

FNG
Ok, I got my self into a bind. My Guide really wanted me wearing Scarpa Invernos. I bought some over a year ago and have been hiking in them once a week. I started to get blisters on the balls of my feet, which I have never had before. I just tried to power through for about 10 months. The problem just got worse. I ordered .5 size smaller and that seemed to fix the issue until I had about 40 miles on them and the issue came back with longer hikes. I ordered some Grand Drus because it was is top non plastic choice suggested by my guide. I can not even get a mile in them without blisters. They may just need broken in(I don't have time) but I have never had a pair of boots blister that fast and I am not really a fan of the large heel pocket. I will have some Briksdal SFs here tomorrow as I have had great luck with the Thors(required zero break-in). I only have 3 days left before my hunt. I will hike in the Briksdals to see how they feel. Should I just pretape and take the Invernos? I am really out of time and options.
Lathrop and sons
Ok, I got my self into a bind. My Guide really wanted me wearing Scarpa Invernos. I bought some over a year ago and have been hiking in them once a week. I started to get blisters on the balls of my feet, which I have never had before. I just tried to power through for about 10 months. The problem just got worse. I ordered .5 size smaller and that seemed to fix the issue until I had about 40 miles on them and the issue came back with longer hikes. I ordered some Grand Drus because it was is top non plastic choice suggested by my guide. I can not even get a mile in them without blisters. They may just need broken in(I don't have time) but I have never had a pair of boots blister that fast and I am not really a fan of the large heel pocket. I will have some Briksdal SFs here tomorrow as I have had great luck with the Thors(required zero break-in). I only have 3 days left before my hunt. I will hike in the Briksdals to see how they feel. Should I just pretape and take the Invernos? I am really out of time and options.
lathrop and sons all day

OP
FURMAN

FURMAN

WKR
Lathrop and sons

lathrop and sons all day
This hunt was roughly 18months ago. I don't think you read the post. I did not have time for Lathrop and Sons. I did not have time to get another pair of boots. I have used and will use Lathrop and Sons again but it was not an option in this case. I should have come back to the thread to update everyone when my hunt was over. The Briksdals absolutely blew me away. They performed perfectly out of the box. My feet were perfect on my hunt and I killed my ram.

archp625

WKR
This hunt was roughly 18months ago. I don't think you read the post. I did not have time for Lathrop and Sons. I did not have time to get another pair of boots. I have used and will use Lathrop and Sons again but it was not an option in this case. I should have come back to the thread to update everyone when my hunt was over. The Briksdals absolutely blew me away. They performed perfectly out of the box. My feet were perfect on my hunt and I killed my ram.
The kill video was so money. I still tell people to go and watch it.