Need help with tuning

I will do that soon. I did take a look at my arrows and found I do have some contact on the bottom fletchings with my rest.

I believe you said you were shooting a QAD drop away. The co tact can be caused by a couple things I suggest you check. First is timing of the rest. Some people like the timed to rise at the end of the draw cycle so they drop early. Others like them holding the arrow longer. Either way you should conform the rest is rising all they way near the end of the draw cycle?
Are you shooting blaze vanes or another high profile vane and nock down?They can be tough to get to clear unless nock travel is slightly high. Rotate them up if you have the containment arm removed and try that. Foot spray or baby powder on the rest helps I’d contact.
Lastly, when the rest drops do the prongs hit or rest shelf on the riser? If so your rest might be too low and you could be getting bounce back. I have seen this on slow mo video with the Mathews version. I also helped my uncle id this problem. I believe you should have a little space between the prongs when down and riser shelf.
Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
skyler_2010
I believe you said you were shooting a QAD drop away. The co tact can be caused by a couple things I suggest you check. First is timing of the rest. Some people like the timed to rise at the end of the draw cycle so they drop early. Others like them holding the arrow longer. Either way you should conform the rest is rising all they way near the end of the draw cycle?
Are you shooting blaze vanes or another high profile vane and nock down?They can be tough to get to clear unless nock travel is slightly high. Rotate them up if you have the containment arm removed and try that. Foot spray or baby powder on the rest helps I’d contact.
Lastly, when the rest drops do the prongs hit or rest shelf on the riser? If so your rest might be too low and you could be getting bounce back. I have seen this on slow mo video with the Mathews version. I also helped my uncle id this problem. I believe you should have a little space between the prongs when down and riser shelf.
Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This does help give me something to look at. I guess I have always "cocked" the rest before drawing but when I'm at full draw the lines are together. I do believe the rest is resting on the shelf. I have 2 arrows currently 3 fletched with blazers and 2 4 fletched with longer fletchings but equally tall to see what they did to my flight, when the rest is up the arrow is from what I can tell without a level it is level.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Skyler, (OP) I would try and find someone near you that you trust to help you or someone you can call and talk through the issue that you trust.

You have a bunch of stuff being thrown at you on this thread and reading through it, it’s not all good advice. You will end up down the rabbit hole of suggestions and it will probably just make things worse to try them all.

OP
skyler_2010
So i was shooting again today and I started noticing that after my shot broke my release hand was pulling away from my head and my bow hand was lifting up and right. Went back to 20 and started just focusing on locking my release finger and pulling through and I found my bow arm was still pointing at the target after my shot broke and my arrows started hitting behind the pin. Still have fletching contact but right now I am going to focus more on my form again