Need help

Jonrad

FNG
Ok guys went camping and hunting for the first time and I'm hooked. I have been looking for gear and getting prepared. Im a commercial electrician and carry heavy tools for about 10 hrs a day. I am over weight and need to shape up but wondering what to do to prepare myself for a 20 mile hunt or more

Hooverfb

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds like first place to start is diet.

Training wise, if you are overweight, start with body weight work and walk for cardio. You want to reduce the load on your joints before you trample them with sprints or such.

yojo.3

FNG
Few things i changed when i wanted to lose weight were, start taking a lunch to work every day. Avoid the fast food and eating out. Which for me also meant quit going to the bar and ordering food and drinks. Portion control was my biggest problem. And start exercising some how. Do what you can and continue to push yourself to do better. Write down what you did, how much you did and for how long. This helps you look back and see what progress youve made and where you might be struggling. Remember that theres a difference between working hard and working out. Good luck.

jakelogsdon

Lil-Rokslider
100 percent, diet to begin with. Counting macros even for a few months will change your life.

jcostanza

FNG
Diet is key to losing weight and exercise will only help along the way. If you need some motivation check out David Goggins book Can’t Hurt Me. Great read and definitely gets you moving!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mfsights257

Lil-Rokslider
I exercise 4-5 times week, 3 hrs Walking/Elliptical w/ 2 weight workouts, have not lost any real weight in years; diet is more important IMO to losing weight. I've been on the road for 20 + years, working, entertaining clients which doesn't help, but I cut back drinking, eating fries & fast food, cut out coffee (My coffee is heavy sugar & cream)...losing weight now.