Need input- Broken sling stud

See attached photos. The sling stud on my rifle broke. I Emailed remington back in October and received no response so I followed up again yesterday and they got back to me. The new "RemArms" told me that they won't do anything to help since it is an original Remington rifle and not the new RemArms brand. Bummer but whatever. Any tips for installing a new sling stud? Rifle is obviously synthetic. I was thinking maybe some sort of mounting plate would be nice in order to use a bipod with it and the plate would be reinforced over a normal swivel stud.
e9e9a5a049599ccda8096228fb7a2c6d.jpg
a58a075e71b50ba4e55c33edb1178c24.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

JFK

WKR
Depending on what type of clearance you have in the barrel channel, I’d try to install a metal sling stud. Clean up the broken one and and create a flush surface for the new stud. Try to find a sling stud moth machine threads that uses a nylock nut on the back as opposed to the ones threaded like a wood screw. Could also be an opportunity to restock the gun if you feel it’s worth it. Lots of options for remingtons.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Agree with above.

File it flat and install a sling stud. You will have room under the barrel in the stock for the sling stud. You may want to epoxy in a washer if the plastic is too thin.

I have several sling studs and bolts with nylon washers. Feel free to PM me and I will mail you a couple.

Aaron Warpony

Lil-Rokslider
That's kinda a goofy design for an important part if you ask me. I would take the stock off (easy to do) and inspect the clearance as mentioned above. you can buy a sling stud at any sporting goods store for like $8 and then all it takes is to drill a hole and screw the nut on, most are just a little threaded bolt. Youtube can help. I would just make sure to torque the stock bolts back to spec and put loctite on the sling stud threads cause you don't wanna have to do it twice. good luck

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
You need a threaded T nut. Drill the inside of the stock so the nut fits slightly recessed and epoxy it in there. Make you don't let any epoxy in the threads. I use a bolt with the head cut off covered in shoe polish.
70796ae3a3be79b8ac3f4b4f53d62b90.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
You need a threaded T nut. Drill the inside of the stock so the nut fits slightly recessed and epoxy it in there. Make you don't let any epoxy in the threads. I use a bolt with the head cut off covered in shoe polish.
70796ae3a3be79b8ac3f4b4f53d62b90.jpg

I would use a tnut in a fiberglass filled stock or wood stock because it compresses. But, I would use a regular bolt for plastic.

But, if you flipped it upside down and epoxied it in there, then you'd get really wide area to spread the load on the plastic. Maybe that is what you were saying.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes the flat wide part needs to be in the stocks barrel channel. I'd worry a regular nut would eventually pull out as the plastic fatigues.

bpctcb

WKR
A different option is to install a wire loop sling mount. I use them on modified synthetic stocks where a normal sling stud isn’t a good option.

BP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wapiti1

WKR
The T-nut is the easy way to do it as suggested by realunlucky. The threads for a sling swivel studs are 10-32.

Jeremy

OP
MuleDeerMike
Thanks for the replies everyone. I may give this a go with epoxy in the holes. What do you think?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk