Need input to Retro-fit a stove jack to accomodate a smaller pipe

LaGriz

WKR
Here is my issue,
Base camp tent is a 12'X12' Cabela's Alakanak. Have been running the "Hunter" model cylinder stove with a 5" nesting tapered pipe. Pipe is tight where it intersects the stove jack and there is a gasket/ring it must pass thru. The pipe is supported a good bit by this tight fit. This tent has 4' walls and is nearly 9' at the peak, creating a steep angle through the stove jack opening. The pipe gets larger as it gets longer an is nearly 6" at the top most section.

I have chosen to up grade to a 4-dog Titanium stove that came with a 4" nesting pipe. There will be a void around the outside of the 4" pipe that I am trying to account for. Because of the angle of the tent roof at the stove jack the pipe will be passing thru the opening at a pretty steep angle. Is there a way to seal this off providing additional support to the pipe, and limiting the possibility of rain/snow coming in around the present gap? Do I purchase another stove jack for the four inch pipe and connect it to the existing stove jack some kind of way? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also would like recommendations on where to find the items to retrofit my tent to better handle the smaller OD pipe. Thanks to all in advance.

LaGriz

sneaky

"DADDY"
May just have to wrap the pipe where it passes through the jack with some of that header pipe wrap. That would probably be the easiest.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sounds like that stove will be in that tent for a long time. I would see if maybe an upholstery shop could sew a new stove jack over the old one.

Might cost a bit, but it would be done right.

Beendare

WKR
Yeah, sewing a new piece of that fireproof fabric would be easy...or using fire retardant silicone to mount a piece over the top.

You might not even have to sew it by just cutting a 12"x12" piece with the opening you want and sliding it over the pipe once its through the old opening. The fabric is pretty stout....they sell it at RSBTR.