Need new duty boots!

What are you guys liking for duty boots that can double as hunting boots if needed. Ive been running the lowa Renegades and Tibets (died black). On the hunt for a new boot possibly. Thoughts? I work air ems.

Thanks

spc7669

Lil-Rokslider
Assuming they have to be black, Salomon XA3D. I’m plainclothes and usually wear Speedcrosses in whatever color.

I just got the new Keen Detroit XT. They’re a little heavy for hunting in the Colorado high country but they have a great selection of boots. I have a couple pair of Keen that I hunt in as a backup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eamyrick

WKR
I have the Acadias and the shorter Patrol version. Downside is they take a year to break in but they are career boots. I ran my Acadias for a week long hunt in the desert with no issues. If you can get away with them at work I really like the Asolo Thyrus. I work plain clothes now and wear them with jeans and also hunt in them. Zero break in time.

JFK

WKR
Do you do a lot of hiking for your work? I work fire/ems for a city dept and run most medicals in station boots. Pro warringtons or redback slip ons are what most guys run. Wouldn’t want to do any serious hiking in either one though.

Depending on color requirements, Crispi Nevada Legend comes in black leather, which holds a decent shine. I currently wear the Crispi Wyoming (SO Duty requires me to wear brown or black, these are brown with black trim). Both are "all-day standing on your feet" comfortable, and waterproof. Unlike the Salomons I used to wear (which are not waterproof). The Crispis also double for my SRT work, plenty of support.
They are uninsulated, and I can use them for warm weather hunting. I have the Crispi Hunter GTX (200 g insulation) for colder weather Elk hunting, but I don't use them for work.

Last edited:
Our K-9 unit got approved to use the Salomon Quest 4d boot. There is a “tactical” version that is all black. I’ve only been using them for a month or so, but so far I like them way better than the Danner’s I had been previously issued.