Need new elk bags...

Hoot

WKR
I had Ovis sacks, and a bear got to them...

I know they’re all knock-offs of TAG bags, and I have a set of BOMB bags, but I’ve seen viam and grakksaw and a couple other interesting ones.

these will be for bone-in elk quarters, and I like the hi-vis reflective attributes that some bags have.

what do you gear heads like?

Rob5589

WKR
Allen Backcountry bags. Inexpensive, work great, no bugs getting through, clean up easily.

Dennis

WKR
I like Northern Game bags as they are light weight, cheap, disposable and or washable. They come in a package of four 48" game bags for $12.50 on Amazon. I buy five sets and then make four sets of five bags each. One bag for each quarter and one bag for tenderloins, back straps and neck meat etc.. I have used this set up on deer, elk and a moose last week. I use them mainly to keep meat clean not so much for bugs as most of my hunts are later in season. I do have better game bags, but I seem to always come back to Northern bags for most hunts. Good luck

muddydogs

WKR
Allen Backcountry bags. Inexpensive, work great, no bugs getting through, clean up easily.
I'm with Rob, Allen bags work great and for the price get the big bags for quarters and a set of smaller deer sized bags for loose meat. I carry 4 big bags and 2 small bags for elk. Deer I just carry 4 of the small bags.

JPD350

WKR
I really like the Caribou bags but this year a bear chewed through two of them and for the price of them that stings a little bit, lost half an elk plus the bags!
I had Allen bags before and used the last ones for at least 4 years, quality bags for a fair price, at least they were fair priced 6 years ago, don't know about now. I only bought the Caribou bags because they were out of Allen bags at the store.

I'm with Rob, Allen bags work great and for the price get the big bags for quarters and a set of smaller deer sized bags for loose meat. I carry 4 big bags and 2 small bags for elk. Deer I just carry 4 of the small bags.
I agree here. I pick some of the Allens up at our Walmart Associate Store in Bentonville. Everything in there is typically 50% off. Can’t beat them for that for sure. I used them in an Antelope this year and was very impressed and they washed up well.

WKR
I used Argali meat on bone (MOB) game bags this years. Easily fit my elk's bone in quarter no problem.

I had Ovis sacks, and a bear got to them...

I know they’re all knock-offs of TAG bags, and I have a set of BOMB bags, but I’ve seen viam and grakksaw and a couple other interesting ones.

these will be for bone-in elk quarters, and I like the hi-vis reflective attributes that some bags have.

what do you gear heads like?
I use Caribou Gear bags and am a big fan. I have used a number of different bags and I really prefer them -- I've hauled a sheep, an elk and a moose out of my current set of bags (the wapiti M.O.B.) and they look brand new after a quick spray out and wash in the machine! Super durable, lightweight, reasonably priced and great features like reflective tape, drawstrings, hanging tabs, etc.

JaredW

Lil-Rokslider
I've got a Caribou Gear Carnivore pack, compact and light, have only used it for one elk so far, worked great and washed up nicely.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Do you get the 20 x 30 or the 30 x 50?
This is an old thread! I have both sizes.

I run 3 small and 2 large (hind quarters) for elk and I run 5 small for deer. One for each quarter plus trim. I have some bags that are on their 5-6 animal. Still going strong for 20 bucks or whatever I paid.