Need new strings

I did a search on this site about some new strings with lots of feedback about John's Customs, Winners Choice and Vapor Trail. Was wondering how those strings are still working for you folks and what materials are working best for you. I shoot a 2010ish Bear Attack that still has the factory strings and cables. I know there's lots of better bows out there, but that bow and me just get along real well. Thanks for any feedback.

weaver

WKR
Check out Bluff Country Bowstrings. He built me a set with 8190 material and they are excellent quality. Plus he is a sponsor on here.

KMT

WKR
I buy whatever strings the local archery shop has in stock, and I have never had a problem. My last set was winners choice. My next set will be whatever is in stock at the time. I am too simple of an archer to know the difference. And no brand has performed so poorly that I have thought "man, I'm never getting those again." Similarly, no brand or maker has been so awesome that I absolutely had to have it next time. Maybe if a certain brand resulted in 590 feet per second, 1" groups at 130 yards with a 30 mph crosswind, I would think differently.

jm1607

WKR
I've used vaportrails, korbins, and winner's choice.. I definitely liked the korbins and vapors over the winners choice..

I think when the time comes for new strings comes again I will go with korbins

Last edited:
i love Korbins as well. I am on my 3rd set and all have been great. I think what i like the most beside the obvious no peep rotation, etc... is how close they are to specs. I mark my cams in relation to my limbs with a paint pen (one each side of the limb), and each time I change the strings, they are exactly the same. Extremely consistent.

Archelk

Lil-Rokslider
JBK's all the way!!!! Customer service is superb and the custom strings are top notch. I believe he has a 24 month no creep or stretch guarantee. He has a website www.jbkstrings.com and I believe I paid $79.00 for a two color setup. Look up his feedback and what others have said about him on archery forums and you will see he is one heck of a string builder. Can't go wrong at all. He will answer any and all questions. Good luck with your decision.

ORROSS334

FNG
I have shot winners choice for years as well as vaportrails for the past 2 years and have gone with Core Archery string this last season and love them. You may check them out. I have over 1500 shots and they still look brand new, no stretch and he has a 6 month warranty. Good luck with what you choose.

chobbs

Lil-Rokslider
I have shot winners choice for years as well as vaportrails for the past 2 years and have gone with Core Archery string this last season and love them. You may check them out. I have over 1500 shots and they still look brand new, no stretch and he has a 6 month warranty. Good luck with what you choose.

I would have to second that. Core Archery makes some of the best strings I have got my hands on. I have 2 new sets, both 8190. He also uses what he calls Super serving. It is basically like halo serving but much stronger and tighter. Very nice lines.

I've got a set of JBk's on right now and after about 50 shots to get them to settle they have not moved. He is also a GREAT guy to deal with. Also check out guys on Archerytalk, there are some guys on there that make some quality strings at a heck of a price.

Personally I would never put a set of winners choice or vapor trails on my bow anymore. Their attention to detail has really gone down hill in my eyes.

boom

WKR
it is amazing how many great string builders there are.

i've used Bucknasty, World's Best String..and now i have Winner's choice. none of my strings have ever moved. peep stays solid. my current Winner's choice are brandnew. i put some pencil marks on my cams, and shot my strings in. nothing moved at all. my peep is still right where i need it.

what i have noticed is that the while they are solid strings, i've seen some that are better looking aesthetically. my brother has JBK's and the servings on beautiful. the loops are served, and nice and tight. no bulges, no frays.

my next set will be either TAZ or Center Circle strings. those ELITE guys love them, and they build them perfectly to specs cuz they build so many Elite strings.

scrubs

FNG
I`ve had great experiences with, Bucknasty, JBK, and Vapor Trail. I`ve used many others but, out of the ones I`ve used these I would use again.