Need new strings

Bow String Depot will install the TPU nocks or brass nocks with the shrink tubing covering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huntin wv

Lil-Rokslider
My last two sets have been from twisted x and both have been great. A lot of my buddies use 60x.

OP
H

hunterman_78

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks everyone. After doing some looking I think I’m gonna get a set from either jbk or hogwire. Anyone have any experience with either of those?

HookUp

WKR
Buckslayer strings is running a January special $65 lots of satisfied archery talkers. I picked up a set.

Have heard good things about jbk - but no first hand knowledge. Most good string builders use the same materials and process. For me, what sets them apart, is the quality of the serving job.

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I like Hogwire strings. I used Tom's (ex-Wolverine) and was very happy but it sounds like he hung it up? Hogwire has done a great job on my last few.

Trial153

WKR
I like Hogwire strings. I used Tom's (ex-Wolverine) and was very happy but it sounds like he hung it up? Hogwire has done a great job on my last few.

Yes Tom isn’t building for the public any more. Just too busy and too many orders. He has a list of recent customers and if your on it he will continue to build for you. I don’t know what his cut off date was. He is a stand up guy, always treated me great.

I use Threadz for my bows and any of my buddies bows i work on. Great quality and great customer service.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
And its just $100 shipped

OP
H

hunterman_78

Lil-Rokslider
I just got a email from Tom at park n sons and he is still making strings for everyone. So I’m gonna order a set from him or sidehill archery. Considering sidehill because I’m driving to Oregon next month and I can drop my bow off easily have them tune it and pick it up on my way home

kicker338

WKR
I can't help you directly on which string builder to use as I make my own strings but here is some advice on choosing one. Stay with the smaller builders, jby, hogwire etc. these type of builders tend to pay more attention to their strings vs the big commercial operations and for the most part you will get a better string from the small builders. It's all about quality vs quanity, the small builders prefer quality to keep customers, the large operations lean to quanity, the more customers they get the more they sell. Hope this helps you some.

fordnut

FNG
Wes Vanhorn. Fury X archery. He makes stage1strings

jorken

FNG
I'm rolling with Hogwire this go around. Strings were delivered last week, I haven't installed them yet however they look great and come heavily praised over at AT.

Zac

WKR
I think the most consistent string available right now is the Gas Ghost XV. I'm on my second set, 150 dollars for 5 string set. Also comes in camo this year instead of only white.

romadant

FNG
Archeryshack or breathn on ArcheryTalk. I don’t like to overpay and I’ve had nothing but top quality stings from both.