Need Recommendation (Boot)

LightFoot

WKR
Looking for a good uninsulated boots with ankle support.

Think West Texas Aoudad hunting.

My current boot is a Cabelas Insulated Gortex boot by LaCrosse. I'm looking for light, but stiff, tough enough for cactus and thorns, but NOT insulated.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

PorterNY

Lil-Rokslider
If your looking for a hiking type boot with ankle support I like schnees.. I have never owned keneterek or crispi etc.

yfarm

WKR
Chippewa 20085, unlined leather 8” boot with vibram lug sole, my go to desert hot weather hunting boot for aoudad, ibex terrain. Made in the US, stitched not glued construction. See photo for a pair of new Cabelas hikers my son wore, failed 3 hrs from the ranger. Glue failed, made sandals and hiked out. I was wearing 6” unlined Chips with vibram soles on scree slopes, no issues.

Attachments

• D361C860-237D-4BE9-ACCF-B19C5CB97F29.jpeg
    D361C860-237D-4BE9-ACCF-B19C5CB97F29.jpeg
    470.7 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

chizelhead

Lil-Rokslider
Zamberlan, Lowa, Crispi, etc Try as many as you can to see if they fit your foot/ankle well. I have wide feet, and Zamberlan and Lowa's fit me well such that I usually have to do minimal breakin.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’ve been working on breaking in a pair of zamberlan mountain treks, so far I really like them. Very stiff, uninsulated and very supportive. I’ll be using them for mountain goat this year and as of now, they are what do grab if I was headed out for an aoudad.

Vrybusy

Lil-Rokslider
Kenetrek or Crispi should do the job. Both offer non-insulated models and the leather holds up very well! Good luck!

Salewa mountain trainer 2 mid gtx . Decided to switch from marketed “hunting boots “ to mountaineering boots and have been happy so far… gohunt.com had some great boot reviews/tests on individual pairs of boots including the above

I have had schness and they were great but haven’t. Now I have crispi briksdal and they are great. No break in period for me.

Vortectoy

FNG
I use the garmin tower trek gtx. Not sure if they sell them anymore but they are light and good support.

yfarm

WKR
Hunting in west Texas is dry, dry and dry and often hot. Aoudad are non native so hunt year round. Why recommend a goretex sweat boot? No synthetic uppers, cactus goes right through. Need a lugged sole, ankle support and thick leather. Lots of walking and climbing through thorny brush and rocks everywhere.

ccarter

FNG
love my Crispi Nevada uninsulated. Changed out the insoles for Meindl Perfekt cork insoles, and really like them. Soles are stiff, but not boards, plenty of ankle support, good quality leather. Looks like Schnees, Kennetrek, Low and probably more make boots that are all basically the same design as the Crispis. For me, it would come down to which of those fit best.

Rock-o

WKR
No synthetic uppers, cactus goes right through. Need a lugged sole, ankle support and thick leather. Lots of walking and climbing through thorny brush and rocks everywhere.

^ I am glad I had my 12" full leather Crispis. Though it's the only boot I have.

tp308

Lil-Rokslider
This is subjective to a lot of variables/foot shapes & types... The 2 boots that seem to work the best for me are Meindl Comfort Hikers and Crispi Wyomings. I used to like Danner Pronghorns but they wore out way too quickly.

Quadzilla32

Lil-Rokslider
Not to hijack or and don't want to start a whole new thread but any recommendations for some boots for first rifle in Colorado? I know weather is hit or miss but anything in general I should look at? I have some cold weather issued boots but they are super heavy along with some merrel MOAB boots but i think they wouldn't work that well.

OP
LightFoot

LightFoot

WKR
Decided on these….

90ac061d1099feb93c236fcb88e0df5a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro