Need shed/building interior finishing ideas

OP
Finch

Finch

WKR
I liked the info I found on Roxul and got mine at Lowe’s, had to order due to quantity but they usually have some on the shelf. I did 9 foot walls in a 16x20 space and a 6” deep ceiling under a moderate pitch roof. Did it by myself in a day and a half of easy effort.

My space has some quirks so I did not incorporate a traditional vapor barrier. Look at your cooling/heating plan to figure out your potential for condensation - will you be conditioning the air 24/7 and creating a great differential all the time in summer and winter? Or just cooling and heating while you are in the space? How well can you seal that door for efficient climate control?

I would also suggest putting a screen on the window so you can get air flow with fewer bugs.
Probably set the thermostat when I'm not in there so it's not freezing or scorching and then adjust when I know I'll be in there. If I go rockwool, this thing will be better insulated than our 1979 home!

Window does have a screen. Appreciate it sir!

OP
Finch

Finch

WKR
I personally wouldn't do sheet rock...I'd bite the bullet and do plywood at least the lower 4'. Then maybe sheet rock the rest.
I'm thinking everyone has talked me into plywood or osb.

While on topic, I don't see where it would really matter choosing ply or osb for this application, right?

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Any plans for a platform with pole in the center. You know incase friends stop by, a little live entertainment never hurt.

WCB

WKR
I'm thinking everyone has talked me into plywood or osb.

While on topic, I don't see where it would really matter choosing ply or osb for this application, right?
The "finish" of plywood would look better imo. Also, if any chance it may get wet I would go with Plywood. but other than that no big difference.

Last I checked you can get stain grade plywood for about the same price as osb right now.

Without being on top of things the drywall isn't going to hold up to the varying temp and humidity very well. I'd just get a decent plywood as everyone else said.

Figuring a way seal the sides to the ground will do as much if not more than insulation in the floor. Might be you could find some plastic skirting to put into the gravel a little ways. But then you will likely miss out on the yearly groundhog hunt.

505Wapiti

WKR
It’s since been finished out but I haven’t taken any pics. Will see if I can find some prior to filling it with all my junk

If you want some character inside you can do a wainscoting type of thing pretty simple. Lots of home sawn lumber on Craigslist in our area. Find a deal that won't cost more than plywood and pick up some boards to plank the bottom. Then put up 3/4 ply on the top half and paint to suit. I used rough cut poplar that I happened into. Light weight luan sheets on the ceiling to cover the insulation is easy and cheap as well.

shop_wall.jpg

I would definitely piny up the extra money and get something like the Miller 211 that also welds 220, you won’t regret it

OP
Finch

Finch

WKR
If you want some character inside you can do a wainscoting type of thing pretty simple. Lots of home sawn lumber on Craigslist in our area. Find a deal that won't cost more than plywood and pick up some boards to plank the bottom. Then put up 3/4 ply on the top half and paint to suit. I used rough cut poplar that I happened into. Light weight luan sheets on the ceiling to cover the insulation is easy and cheap as well.

View attachment 308810

This gives me some ideas, thanks!

specneeds

Lil-Rokslider
Plywood fairly smooth painted looks great & allows you to hang things like deer or elk mounts wherever you like. I’m a fan of mineral wool for sound & fire insulating properties. Go big on the welding power my 110 buzz box is pretty limited working on minor trailer repairs/improvements & plan to upsize. Smarter & cheaper to do it now. I’m going with a primitive Murphy bed set-up & tiny wood stove when I expand my reloading room.

BRoth82

WKR
I just built a man cave/she shed building last spring. My plan was a nice place to hang out and clean fish/deer also to work on my ATV and lawn mower.

My shed is 16' x18', not much I would change right now.

I have painted plywood on 3 of the walls and the forth wall I used pallet wood from free pallets I can get from work. I used Auto CAD to layout the pattern for the 4 different length boards and color coded them so the kids could help me put them up. The bottom of the pallet wood wall is roof tin that is 30" tall. I put up white steel on the ceiling just because my dad can get it for free from leftovers on job sites. I have 6" insulation in the walls and 9" in the ceiling, the insulated overhead door and refrigerator were off sell and swap sites.

All of my selves and benches are out of recycled pallets from work.

All said with WIFI and the TV, freezer I have $1000 into the entire shed. Almost all of my supplies were free or leftovers from jobsites.

Attachments

• 20200614_083722.jpg
    20200614_083722.jpg
    326.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 20200912_165011.jpg
    20200912_165011.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 13
  • 20200912_165016.jpg
    20200912_165016.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 20201001_144104.jpg
    20201001_144104.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 20201001_144110.jpg
    20201001_144110.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 13

mod700

Lil-Rokslider
Remember to add some plugs above bench height if your going to have bench's, and wire overhead lights, you can add more ceiling joist to to accommodate storage / lighting above. Plywd. the sides w/ insulation like others suggested.
Mike