Need some advice getting my local range back in shape.

KBC

WKR
Hey smart guys, my local archery 2D range sucks big time so I volunteered to help get it back into shape. The problem is due to covid there weren't any 3D shoots last year so they only made $700 all year. So not much if any money available for new targets. So I'm looking for the cheapest option to get some targets going.

Right now there's some bulldog targets that are totally worn out so I was thinking of re-stuffing them and re-covering them. There's also some pacific bow butt targets that don't do much arrow stopping anymore so I'm not sure if they can be saved.

Do any of you have some good cheap solutions?

Rodéo

WKR
My range's practice area uses old carpet stacked up and pressed together and framed. Seems like a pretty cheap solution and they stop arrows just fine.

I don't think there is a more cost effective target than Third Hand target skins and rag bags.

I know plywood and wood in general is crazy expensive right now but it's still cheaper than most.

The rag bags are great also, especially after a trip to the salvation army or good will store for old clothes.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

You might try partnering with local S3DA, 4H, or other organizations that might receive funding for stuff like that. I have no idea if that’s a possibility, or what particular parameters they have to go by, but certainly would be worth a shot. Everybody wins, and it’s good for the sport in general.

Our club orders targets from a company called Arrolast. They are heavy, kind of expensive, but last years.