need some help Oct Antelope in Eastern CO

Luked

WKR
So my birthday is on feb 4th. And I have been wanting to go out west hunting for years and years and I always change my mind or something comes up and I cant go.
So fir my birthday my wife has got with a friend of mine that goes out West every year and he has a friend that he has hunted on private ground with for quite some time. And she paid for my tag...Still have to draw but from what he has told me odds of draw are pretty good so he is going to take care of that part of it. And we are going with Rifles.

Now on to my question. I want to get some gear clothing wise and not sure what to get. I have some First Lite stuff so want to stay with First Lite as the gear of theirs I have I really like.
But I really don't know what all to get. I would assume in CO in Oct you could get all kinds of different weather.
So for you all that have been there what do I need to be looking for gear wise in clothing.

Very fun hunt to do! Clothing wise you don't need anything real special for this hunt (bummer right?). My dad kills one opening day every year in blue jeans and an orange walmart sweatshirt. I would plan on temps from around freezing right at sun up and 60-70 in the afternoons. My advice would be to focus on meat care (need to keep it clean/get it on ice right away) and practice shooting at some further distances if you aren't used to it (200-400 yards).

OP
Luked

Luked

WKR
The shooting distance is one thing I am going to have to work on for sure. I'm a decent shot and used to shoot a lot but havent for quite some time so gonna have to dust the old gear off a little and head to the range

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Jimss

WKR
I would second the above post that clothes really aren't that important. Knowing how to stalk in open country is the toughest part. Some of the eastern plains doesn't have a whole lot to hide behind! Obviously camo helps you blend in but isn't necessarily a deal changer. Most of my antelope shots are in the 150 to 300 yard range. I'm not a long range shooter so try to stalk as close as I can.....I always try to get within 200 yards and it's a dead buck!