Need some help

After thanksgiving my dad and I decided that the next trip should be a Wyoming General elk hunt for him and my son. They should draw with 3.5 points. The plan has always been to get my kids and dad out as much as possible over the next 10 years and then focus on my hunts after that. My dad is 62 and we are trying get as many hunts in before the legs cant get him there. Anyways its time to cash the points in and hopefully get 2-3 more Wyoming elk hunts in with him. I have looked over lots of threads, plan on looking over maps and talking to the Wardens and Bios over the next few weeks. Also will have a week long scouting trip planned at the end of July. I will put the work in to make it a successful hunt/trip. I had a few general questions you guys might be able to help me with.
Here are a few things I have to take in consideration as I plan the hunt.
1. it has to be a rifle hunt - my son is very small and archery is not in cards yet
2. looking for a grizzly free place as possible. I am not worried about me but not sure if I would be worrying about him to much and stress out
3. Would like an area to set up a base camp and then spike camp in for a couple days at a time if needed.
4. Dont want to road hunt or hunt off an ATV
5. Not sure if I want find something that is mostly public or try and use onyx and hover around private property.
6. Not looking for trophy bull just something legal and anything bigger than that is extra

I have not done this hunt before but we are usually successful hunting. We have hunted and killed elk before.

Any advice would be great. Not sure how many of these we have left and want to get the most out of it.

Any PM's would be appreciated
Thanks

jmez

WKR
3. Would like an area to set up a base camp and then spike camp in for a couple days at a time if needed.
4. Dont want to road hunt or hunt off an ATV

Bighorns are out.

2. looking for a grizzly free place as possible. I am not worried about me but not sure if I would be worrying about him to much and stress out

Eliminates NW part of state.

Just a thought to take or leave...I live here and we take the kids out all the time. I wouldn’t have a problem taking them out for elk season, especially into rifle in October. But I totally get it if that is a biggie for you.

OP
M
The bear thing is not a 100% no. He would be 14 and by his age I was pretty much hunting alone. My grandpa and dad thought nothing I guess about me being gone all day or meeting up with them a certain spot. Just don’t know how comfortable I would be letting him roam on his own. I have not check and as a youth in Wyoming he might have to be with me anyways. When planning trips I over think things to a degree trying to make sure everyone is set up and having a good time and into animals. Don’t know if the bear thing would push me over the top.
Thanks for the advice so far.

jmez

WKR
If you aren't real familiar with and experienced in grizzly country I wouldn't recommend any of you hunt or roam alone with big bears around.