Need some rec's for goat burger

Gman

WKR
Okay,

So I got my mountain goat processed and while there ordered up a bunch of jalapeno, bacon, cheese burger. So it's just burger with all that stuff in it. Sounded so good at the time but now I'm home and wondering what can I cook with it besides some traditional burgers on the grill. I'm sure there are some great standard recipes this will work well with I just can't think of any.

Any and all recommendations appreciated! Thanks.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
So it's ground meat with bacon, jalapeño and cheese mixed in? I would try it in meatloaf, or maybe even meatballs with your standard recipes (less any additional bacon or cheese). I bet it would also be good browned and mixed into pasta, or into the stuffing for twice baked potatoes. Add a little tomato paste and rice, I bet it would make killer stuffed peppers.

Never thought of adding those ingredients to ground meat, but I bet it will be great. We have a bunch of jalapeño-cheese caribou hotdogs made every year, and they never last...always one of the first things we run out of!

OP
Gman

Gman

WKR
Awesome. I was hoping you'd chime in Becca. You got it right, just tubes of bulk burger with the J,B,C mixed in. I also had some hotdogs made as well. :)

I like the stuffed peppers idea. Super easy.

Hardstalk

WKR
Brown it up and throw it in tacos. Also a bean and cheese dip would be killer with that meat in there. Always a good burger burner for me is hamburger helper. I usually use majority of my antelope burger in the H.H probably my least favorable game meat. That mix would be good in lasagna also.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
How about in chili? Or in cheeseburger soup? On nachos or pizza.... Honestly I can't think of very many things you couldn't put it in...ground goat is my favorite ground meat ever, and bacon, jalapeños and cheese could only improve things :)

Let us know how you end up using it, I am curious!!

OP
Gman

Gman

WKR
Becca, you crack me up! Remember we are just dumb males:)

Sums it up perfectly!

Now that you mention all that stuff, yes, it sounds perfectly obvious and reasonable but seriously until now I was having a hard time coming up with stuff. I put all our other ground meat (without all the J, B, C added) into all those things you mention. I was just stumped by the over abundance of the glorious fillings. But don't stop with your ideas...I'm enjoying this.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hahahaha, you guys have me literally laughing here. Seriously...some of you must cook....at least a little bit...right???? I have faith that there are guys out there that cook better than my husband ...who can make a mean mountain house meal, but that's about it :) for the 2 months I was on crutches we depended on the kindness of friends and family, and also ate a lot of take out :)

Ummm, what else could you do with it? Thinking it could make an excellent stroganoff, maybe even sloppy joes. Heck, you could probably sub it for the chorizo in Enchillada bake. There aren't many recipes I can think of that wouldnt be even better with the addition of bacon, peppers and cheese....

But hands down my first choice would be goat burgers. I seriously love goat burgers!

Take photos, please!