Need to get rid of the whisker biscuit! Help for alternative.

shtrbc

Lil-Rokslider
Like many, I used a Biscuit successly for quite a while with no perceived issues. For me, as I started shooting longer ranges, I found it harder to shoot consistent, small groups. On a suggestion from a friend, I switched to a Ripcord and have never looked back. Have also used QAD's, Hamskea, and Vapor Trail on a variety of bows with success. That being said, they all have their quirks in regards to arrow movement within the drop arm but I think the positives far outweigh the negatives, for me. In close to 15 years using fall away rests, I have had 1 failure. I carry a Whisker Biscuit in my pack with my spare release at all times as a backup. I can have that rest installed and dialed in within minutes if need be and the weight penalty is minimal.

Jbxl20

WKR
I moved on from the biscuit to a ripcord. Haven’t had any issues and never thought about going back to the biscuit

Hoodie

WKR
The QAD's definitely have to be timed right, and even small tuning adjustments can throw their timing off. But I've found that once the bow is tuned and the timing is set, they're good to go until the bow strings start to go.

It´s definitely possible that adjusting it while tuning had an impact on the timing. It still would´ve been enough to get in my head while hunting probably. I like idiot-proof.

My personal limit on a healthy animal is also 40, so I´m in the category where the increased accuracy from a drop-away doesn´t mean much. I´d probably think differently if I hunted more open country or were confident to longer ranges.

From reading on here it seems like plenty of guys go a long time with few or no failures.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
From reading on here it seems like plenty of guys go a long time with few or no failures.
I've heard of a ton of failures with QAD's. But here's the deal......if it's not timed right, and the launcher isn't dropping quick enough (or at all), then the fletchings are smacking into the launcher arms every shot. That can't be good for internal components for even a few times of that happening. It is my opinion that there would be a heck of a lot less failures if that never happened in the first place. I tested mine after just minor tuning adjustments and was amazed at how much it changed the length of the timing cord. So now I adjust it often when tuning. Every twist or untwist of a cable changes the timing.

OP
A

Afineis91

FNG
I ended up going with QAD HDX fall away and love it. Turns out the whisker biscuit was mounted too low and my veins were hitting the bow itself. We raised the new QAD rest and it’s flyin 35 FPS faster. Love it so far, thanks everyone for the input!

Shaw

FNG
The QAD HTX and HHA Virtus are solid choices. But, I prefer the Hamskea Hybrid Hunter and Trinity. Both are limb driven. Limb driven drop aways are a lot easier to set up and aren’t as critical to timing issues as a cable driven.